first, watch me play:
it's really good! i'm impressed knowing that you're just learning all this!
- the most impressive feature is wall jumping, i definitely didn't expect that
- physics puzzling was a nice idea, def worth testing and it made sense (a classic push and jump puzzle, nice choice)
- i like collecting stuff, so big gold cubes was a great idea
- the game is a very good shortness for a first game
- winning was obvious, big points for clear feedback!
- i'm further impressed i couldn't jump off the edge, you wizard
- art looks good, too, btw, you focused on the character which is seen the whole time and that i am expected to relate to and want to help/become, plus the platforms and pickups were as complicated as they needed to be
some other notes or suggestions (feel free to ignore all):
- obviously, clean up the download to only have one exe and no project files or other extras that are easy to avoid with some planning and trial/error
- my gamepad's joystick input worked for movement, just add a jump button and this game will be perfect for gamepad and make wall jumping tons easier!
- toss the status of this project to prototype and update it periodically with more polish and maybe more content, but polish > content much of the time
- the most important missing polish is sound effects, everything should have one, especially every player action or interaction
- make more games and share them (: