Can't get it to run - it needs some audio files that appear to be missing?
Recent community posts
Quick update (no gifs, sorry):
I've tweaked the hitboxes so that any part of a cat hitting the basket counts as a hit, but the dogs can only be "caught" if their bottoms hit the top of the basket.
I've also slowed the basket down slightly, but implemented a "turbo" button to allow you to move faster. Basket speed was "3" before, now it's 2, with turbo being 4. Should make weaving through the cats more doable.
Going to make the cat collisions do something next, aside from decrement the lives counter. I'm thinking explosions with fireworks.
Update! No cat collisions yet, but:
- Too many cats
- I think I have cats and dogs round the wrong way
- Perhaps the "basket" at the bottom should be a bonfire?
- Tweak the hitboxes so you can't "catch" dogs from the side
- Sound effects
- The game is now officially called "Cats. And Sometimes, Dogs"
- Minter Mode
- I've not used any cheeses as variable names yet
I don't have a name yet. But I do have the world's most adequate pixel art:
The top one is a cat and bottom one is a dog. Obviously.
And I've a cat-creator function called TOOL_FOR_CATS.
So I'm clearly working to the correct priorities.
1. deKay! Hello :)
2. No! This is literally My First Game Jam
3. Metroid/Castlevania/Mario/Sonic/Zelda. I like to try and make simple, silly games though.
4. Not really. I've programmed for 8bit computers, written some stuff in AMOS on the Amiga, and dabbled with various game makers. Currently using PICO-8.
6. Not yet :)