It would be excellent for non-US developers on Itch to be able to get paid in the currency of their choosing. I just got a payout in USD and it turns out PayPal doesn't allow me to withdraw USD to my USD bank account in the Netherlands... because the only currency withdrawal to a bank that PayPal allows is the main currency of the country. And so I have to use PayPal's horrible conversion rate losing many EUR, on the scale of €20 to €40 per $1000.
Adriaan de Jongh
Recent community posts
I currently don't have plans to give out Steam keys with one's itch purchase. The game is DRM free on itch, and will always be updated to the latest version, just like on Steam. I do understand that some people, perhaps like yourself, would like to have all their games in one place (currently mostly in Steam), but I would like to see itch become that kind of place as well. And to keep giving out Steam keys wouldn't contribute to that fact.
I'm sorry to hear you encountered a bug or crash! Please follow the steps below to get your bug identified and resolved as soon as possible.
NOTE: layer issues don't have to be reported using the steps below! Just throw a screenshot on the forums and we'll make sure it's taken care of.
- Search for your bug or crash in the Hidden Folks community posts here on Itch - someone else might have solved your problem previously.
- Right after the bug occurred (and this is important, because the logs get updated every time you start and stop the game), locate the output log file on your computer. You may find this text file alongside the game on your computer, or on any of the following locations:
Windows option 1: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Adriaan de Jongh\Hidden Folks\output_log.txt
Windows option 2: [Wherever Hidden Folks was installed] \Hidden Folks_Data\output_log.txt
Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Adriaan de Jongh/Hidden Folks/Player.log
- Either create a post on these discussion boards or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, copy pasting the template below and replacing all ellipsis:
Operating system: … (eg. Windows 10 Home, 64-bit)
Processor: … (eg. 3,3 GHz Intel Core i7)
The content of the output_log.txt or Player.log file:
After following these steps, please be patient! I will get back to you as soon as I can. I'm doing support for 9 stores and 6 platforms all by myself, so please give me some time. I will let you know when I'm looking into and will report back with progress!
When are new areas coming out?
We are currently taking a break from making new areas, but for when we get back to it, be sure to sign up for an email when new areas come out: https://hiddenfolks.com/subscribe
I can see Salma but she isn't 'found' when I tap her! What can I do?
As opposed to most other targets, to 'find' Salma requires you to solve the little puzzle hinted by her clue. Read the clue carefully and I'm sure you'll figure it out!
As I go back and forth between the Itch desktop app and website, I constantly have to refresh the Itch app to show me the latest. Is there a chance that...
- the itch desktop app could refresh itself after purchasing or claiming a game?
- the itch website has a button to open / start downloading the game in the desktop app, perhaps using a deeplink?