SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

​ The Results of The C64 'Cassette 50' Charity Competition Sticky

A topic by The RVG SQUAD created Apr 22, 2021 Views: 864 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 11
Host

AND THE WINNER IS

The awesome TinyBubbles, this is a worthy winner of the overall comp.

PIXS, please let us know which book you would like from Greyfox Books?

A huge thank you from us all for entering, we've had a blast playing each and every one of these games.

I would like to personally thank, Shallan and Arlasoft for helping us run this competition and to judge the games.

Below you will see the top 10 games, you will each get a free copy of the cassette once we have made it, I will get in touch with you all nearer the time.

1stTinyBubbles
2ndBig Time Bugger
3rdPanic In The Bank
4thRogue4k
5thPsion Attack 2021
6thLockdown
7thPetscii Cave
8thLil' Red Hatchback
9thbreakdance
10thDon't Block The Box

The rest of the games below will also be going on the cassette 50 tape, it will be called Cassette 50+, more on this later.

PETSCIIPede
Frog! Aargh
Bloop
Balloon Caves
PETSCII Pete
Bullshit
Ski
Pancakes
STAR TREK: Last Hope
Arcade Baseball!
Circles
Lamentable Soccer
Ms Lily's Haunted Shop
Froop
Textris
Para Lander Mini
Whack-a-mole
A MAZING QUAD RACE
Tents and Trees
Rocket Away
Over Take C64
Gardening vs. Global Warming
Katics 4k
Red Is Blue
Loopy
Package Delivery
GET OUT!
Centered
Line 'Em Up
Txt Advntre
Eggs
Mastermind 
Copy Cat
Boom
Boxnightmare
Defuse
SCIIAMBLE
Asterocrash
GDM HangMan
My Balls Are Dropping
Lil Adventure
Battleships
World Cup Horseracing
Kiteee
π

Again thank you for all taking part, please take a look at our Speccy Jam here if that is of interest to you https://itch.io/jam/zx-spectrum-game-jam-2021

Regards

Jamie

Submitted (1 edit)

OMG !!!!  I am deeply touched! Thanks to all the C64 community and thanks for organizing this great event!

If it's possible, I'd love to have this book on arcade machines : https://www.greyfoxbooks.com/product/coin-op-the-arcade-guide/ 

Submitted

But which scored the lowest? I need to know! :p

Jam HostSubmitted

The above list may or may not be in order...

Submitted

Congrats to Pixs! TinyBubbles is a great game! I've been through most of the games in the compo and and had a lot of fun playing them.

Thanks to The RVG SQUAD for hosting this jam. It was a lot of fun participating, and I learnt some new tricks trying to cram as much as possible below address $1000. :-)

And last but not least... 4th place! YAY! Thanks! Now I am off to expand Rogue4k into a proper roguelike. Look out for Rogue64 coming to a C64 near you soon. :D

Submitted(+1)

Awesome game, I cannot wait!! Keep doing it!

Host

Hehe, next up is the awesome release of the game.

Submitted

tiny bubbles is brilliant and a deserving winner. Well done everyone who took part i have thoroughly enjoyed  trying every entry 

Submitted

Awesome! Congrats to the winner, it’s well deserved! Plus all the other entries, didn’t expect to turn up that many.

Submitted (3 edits)

Congratz to everyone, and to Pixs, the winner, especially! Sooo many fun games were created, and so many creative minds were galvanised to bring that quality! This compo is worth $1000+

Submitted

Congratulations to the top 10 winners who won their worthy position. This competition was good fun to participate in. It has been a privilege :)

Host(+3)

thanks all. Was a blast. We will run another later in the year with a different challenge. 

Is the collection eventually would be released?