Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Just curious...

A topic by ZerkyWerky created Oct 27, 2021 Views: 279 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+1)

I see that 23 of you have already submitted your game.  There is still 4 days left so why did you not use all the time to make your game the best game possible?  That's why you were given 7 days.  I would rather play a game that was done in 7 days than one that was done in 3 days.

Submitted(+2)

Yeah, I'm still confused. Why would people submit their game really early even though they can work on it and make it better? Maybe they're just busy? idk

Deleted 2 years ago
(+5)

Uploading early and updating the game just before the jam ends is also a strat that a lot of people do, not all of these submitted games are complete

(1 edit) (+1)

Or it might be that they do have other things to do that makes it hard to continue after a certain day. My time slot for making my entry passed before I started :D

Submitted

ok!

Submitted(+2)

Personally I like getting a build up early then continue to work on it until the deadline. That way if I have a build failure on the last day and can't submit the latest build, at least something is submitted. Plus, it's easier to have people play test a build this way. Also, I wasn't sure how much time I'd have the rest of the week, so I got the core gameplay loop and levels in. After that I have just been making small changes since then

Submitted(+2)

I have done this before too, sometimes you don鈥檛 have time later in the week to work on it, so it is better to wrap it up nice and tidy 馃槉 if I look at the time I spend on this jam, it will also just be about 2 days of work spread over a week or so.

Also, I have seen 2 day games that are way better than 7 day games. Time does not equal how good a game is. It all comes down to design cohesion and execution.

Submitted(+1)

In my case I sent it the first day, but it's easy explanation. I had a plan for this game even before I knew about the existence of this jam, the sacrifice theme was super easy to implement and I already had the assets, so as I predicted, I could make the game in just 1 day and so I did. Not saying that my game is super great, but judging games because not done in as much time as possible is like thinking that people who work more are the ones who spend more hours in the office, even if they do nothing. 

Submitted(+1)

makes sense