Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Progress Screenshots

A topic by Air Dinghy Interactive created Dec 23, 2017 Views: 1,331 Replies: 26
Viewing posts 3 to 22 of 22 · Previous page · First page
(+1)

After wrestling once more with Godot's cryptic internal logic, I've finally been able to implement room transition.

Submitted

That looks great! How you doing the level layouts?

I use Tiled to make the layouts, and then recreate them within Godot.

Submitted(+1)

I'm going for a vector look.  Though it's not a real vector game.  I have no idea how to do that.  I'm using Stencyl.

Submitted(+2)

I got the first set of characters (main character and 3 enemies) modeled and rigged for my group's game yesterday,  today is weapon models, traps and tiles for background and platforms. I really like what we've dubbed Mama Eyeball:

Submitted(+1)

Having fun with TIC-80 and the Commodore VIC-20 palette.

Submitted(+2)

Still working on the player and enemy graphics, but mechanics are quickly taking shape.

Submitted(+1)

Progress so far on a "floor is lava" game - I have basic physics and player animation working. Next up I need to add more debris variation and spawn additional platforms as the player progresses.

All shapes and animations are being drawn dynamically on the canvas with javascript.

Submitted

Ive been pretty slack so far, just really got my movement and shooting sorted. Re-thinking a few things on how I want the game to work

Submitted

At the end there, looks like he's been at the Christmas wine!

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

Some Basic mechanics (Kinda took from Ness in SSB :P), level art and I did get around to making a title screen.

Submitted

Nice! Loving the art style.

Submitted

A screenshot from my minimal first-person puzzle game.

Submitted(+1)

Been a bit hectic recently what with Christmas and having to go visit fams and stuff. But I got some movement in on my people.

Submitted(+1)

Hit the MVP stage.

Trying to come up with a name, and will need to fine polish a few things, like how much will be in the camera, how frequent enemies spawn and so on.

Submitted(+1)

I'm happy with how things are shaping up. There's still quite a bit of polishing to be done (especially the character animations) but the result so far is at least playable.

Today I spent some time trying to dial in the difficulty scaling and added a drum beat soundtrack that speeds up as the player progresses.

Submitted(+2)

Game mechanic and level generator finished for my puzzle game:

Rules:

• Configure walls so that all shapes merge and move to the green spot
  • Movement is determined by color & shape

Movement is very hard to predict for higher shape counts. This will be a guess & retry kind of game!

Submitted

I'm sure it's something you noticed, but I have to mention it because it disturbs me, lol: The jagged pixel edges on the sprites with non-right angles. The square looks perfect even when it rotates, this is out of place with the constant presence of the pixel edges of the triangle. It's like you're scaling the game up but letting it add the pixels. I would suggest either scaling it 1:1 (so square rotates with jaggies) or using primitives (preferable, everything is perfect). :)

Submitted

Yes, I know. :)

When I created the shapes I had planned to align the outline with the chessboard pattern that is created when shapes merge. But then I changed the spacing of the chessboard, so that this makes no longer sense.

I will convert the shapes to vector graphics ... but maybe not for the first release.

Submitted(+2)

Enemies and puzzles!

Submitted(+1)

Tank - fortresses! Tanktresses?

Submitted(+1)

Fortanks.

Submitted(+1)

So settlers now have to chop the trees to build a fire to keep warm. Due to lack of time, a lot less than I thought I might (but that's December for you!), I'm going to have to cut out the cool parts of the game and make it even simpler than I would have liked. New idea is to simply build the houses for the settlers to live in. You get points when a settler moves into a house, and lose them when a settler dies, houses can get full. Another idea is to get bonus points/events when you have 5 of the same card in your hand. I'll finish with something anyway... :)

Submitted(+1)

A small rogue like I guess. When you enter a new screen, you choose the type of content that's about to be generated.

Submitted

Build a hybrid air hockey + table/rod hockey outta Cerberus X (HTML5 target), voxels and Box2D.  Still tweaking colors, AI, etc but this was a ton of fun to build and play, can't wait til the final version is up.  Minimalistic jam was perfect fun over the holidays, and great way to start 2018!

Viewing posts 3 to 22 of 22 · Previous page · First page