Most games have some really dope pixel art but that isn't always necessary for you to make a great game. The goal of this jam is to focus more on game mechanics than art.
- 100% of the game must be made within the allowed time period.
- No nsfw
- If you can have an html version of your game that would be great :)
- Have fun and don't worry to much about ratings
- All the colors throughout the whole game combined shouldn't be more than 10. Each color with it's own "color code" is considered a separate color.
- Each sprite should not contain more than 2 colors
- Each background should not contain more than 2 colors
- Each texture should not contain more than 2 colors
- Special effects with particles and stuff should not contain more than 2 colors at most
- You can use transparency to some extent
- Sprites can overlap
- Music and sound effects should be minimalistic
- In general all the art in the game shouldn't be to detailed
- No pixel noise because it isn't minimalistic
- Gradients are allowed but no more than 3 textures/sprites/backgrounds in total with a gradient and the two main colors from the gradient count towards the 10 color max.
If coding isn't your strong side and you haven't found a team, please don't worry. It's fine to submit art, game concept art, an art pack, a music track/s, music sound effects, .etc. (Hint: when submitting you can upload multiple items under one submission.)