Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
A jam submission

Magnetic DriftView game page

Drift around in a little car
Submitted by srasu — 24 minutes, 43 seconds before the deadline
Add to collection

Play game

Magnetic Drift's page


CriteriaRankScore*Raw Score
Entertainment - How enjoyable/replayable is it?#82.9073.250
Presentation - How does it look/feel?#122.9073.250
Creativity - How original is the idea?#122.7953.125
Language use - How well was Lisp incorporated into the design?#143.2423.625

Ranked from 8 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.

Leave a comment

Log in with to leave a comment.



Very nice!! Took a while to get the sensitivity of the controls down.


Graphics are quite tiny on HiDPI display, but otherwise it works! Steering is quite hard though :)

(1 edit)

For anyone that might be having issues running, and wants to try going at it from source, please feel free to clone 

Edit: The GitHub page is:

into ~/quicklisp/local-projects/ and then cd into it. With sbcl:

(ql:quickload :magnetic-drift)
(in-package :magnetic-drift)


Could you share an https link? Cloning from doesn't work, because of missing access rights.

Sorry about that. I've updated my comment to add the link to the GitHub page. Here it is:


Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Hey. Unfortunately, I'm having issue with the source too. I got this error trying to run the first line for sbcl.

The binary from the archive, on the other hand, complains on missing libSOIL, which I don't even have in my repos.

EDIT: oh, NVM, I've managed to compile and install libSOIL manually.


This crashes with "GLIBC_2.28 not found" so I guess it wasn't compiled right?

From what I've gathered, it means that it was compiled with GLIBC version 2.28 and your system uses an older version.

For me it's too complicated to install an up to date glibc version, because it also has dependencies.


On Windows 7, 64 bit. Game seems to get stuck with green window at startup. According to Process Explorer, it's doing something, but it's not showing up on screen. Hope you can get it working, this one looks interesting!

Oh no! That sounds to me like a gl related issue.

Can you run to see some console output that might be helpful?

Thank you.


Will try when I get back home. Looks very nice and I want to try it! Thanks!


Unfortunately, this is as far as it goes... Hope this is helpful! Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

I see. Since there's no CL related error or message this'll require some deeper debugging, unfortunately. 
Seems like there's an issue rendering any of the textures. I don't know that I'll be able to debug that without a test bed, but it may be helpful to know what version of OpenGL you have.

You could install one of the viewer tools, like hwinfo etc, but one dumb easy way to check would be:

(ql:quickload :cepl)
(cepl:repl) ; This should pop up a window

Alternatively, you can edit `res/lvl/main-menu.lvl`, and at the very bottom of the file add:

(print (gl:version))

That should show the version in the console window.
Thanks! Sorry for the hassle.