Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Two button wildcard clarification regarding analog stick

A topic by edforx created May 11, 2020 Views: 550 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 9

Is an analog stick considered as a button? Because there could be 2 buttons and a stick.

Submitted

i would consider 1 axis as 1 input, so 1 analog-stick is 2 inputs. (x- AND y-axis)

But thats just my opinion...

Submitted (1 edit)

you will have ask the judges on this but a button is something you push and is on or off.

An analog is not a button (unless your pushing em in for the toggle). The  D pads are buttons, and if you use the arrow keys they are buttons. So you are quite limited I.e. only up and down or only left and right ect.

Tough, I'm not aiming for this, i need control and fire.

Thanks a lot!

When I first saw the wildcard, I though of a game that only works with two gamepad buttons, like a chrome dino-like game with the xbox A button to jump and the xbox B button to crouch.

Deleted post
Submitted (1 edit)

About if you make your game playable with only one button 

I understand is as 2 inputs. A physical d-pad might have up to 8 inputs including the diagonals or 2 - direction and angle.

Submitted (1 edit)

The d pad is 4 buttons, even Godot treats it as so.

I'm not that into Godot right now, I just started on it and I have no idea how it treats d-pads. I gave a physical d-pad as an example.

Submitted(+1)

The wildcard isn't considered in the judging, just think of it as an optional challenge for fun. My take on it is that you interpret it as you like :)