Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Goals for the Jam

A topic by Rebusmind created Jul 02, 2021 Views: 219 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

I was just wondering if any of you have set yourself a goal for this jam. Something like learning a new software or trying a new genre. 

My personal goals are:

• making a game with the alpha version of GB Studio 3
  • learn how to use OGMA (a tile editor) to create all the maps
  • make music with hUGEtracker for the first time

So what are your goals, if you have any?

Submitted(+1)

My goal is to have fun and finish a game or at least a demo.

Submitted

Wait, gb-studio 3 alpha? Where can I get that?

Submitted

It's on Github on a special branch, but it is generally not recommended to use it, as a lot of features are still missing. Also, you'd have to compile it yourself. 

Submitted(+1)

Great post. I want to try a new genre or theme and create pixel art with a different style than my 2 previous GB games. I have updated my GB studio to 2.5beta and will learn the possibilities with it.

(+1)

Pretty tired from my two-years-long"the first game TM (C)" development, planning to heavily pivot with genre and make a polished demo for 1-hour playtime. 3.0 is tempting, but I'll resist for now

Submitted(+1)

I live for constantly trying something new and... I am just curious to see how the finished product will look like. I see this competition as one of the few chances to actually get serious about making a game while enjoying the dozens of hours of planning, coding, testing, drawing, debugging. I'm not a veteran in GBDev, but I'll make sure to have fun and give my absolute best. Good luck to everyone!

Submitted

You all have some inspiring goals set for yourselves! :D

I already abandoned one of my goals, cause using Ogmo for the maps was pretty tedious and didn't provide any advantages over Tiled. But still, I tried it out and I guess it wasn't for me.