Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GAMES THAT DOESNT FOLLOW THE JAM THEME!

A topic by Glory Meat created Oct 24, 2020 Views: 666 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(+1)(-1)

I'm seeing all of these games that doesn't even fit the theme of jam!?!?  Can we take care of this?

Submitted(+2)(-1)

Happens in evey jam that I've seen. Usually the person running the contest kicks them out. I don't know if they intend to do that here and haven't gotten to it.

Submitted(+1)

The specification is "Make any kind of game about Discs and / or Rooms." Pretty open to interpretation. I doubt they plan on being very harsh with the specifics. Most games have rooms.

Submitted(+2)

I was wondering the same thing... 

There are several games that do not seem to have any relation to the topic of this jam. 

This is the first time I have participated in a game jam, so I don't know if this is normal. 

Looks strange...

Submitted

It's normal. Don't worry about that XD

Submitted

yeah! I saw a lot like that too. My game CD Room is really bordering the edge, but I contacted some of the developers and they said as long as it includes discs in rooms, you're good. So, of course, I took that out of context and made a puzzle game that has nothing to do with disc room, but it follows all of the rules. Sometimes, you just gotta think outside of the box.

That's true

Submitted(+1)

but like there are A LOT that have nothing to do with the jam. I’m sure they’ll be disqualified. For example, my game Reflection has been in development for 3 months, and I’m not looking for it to get anything out of here, I just wanted to release it. Of course, I heavily fucked up the lighting on the second level, so I’m taking it off the jam anyway. But yeah, there are a whole lot. Then there’s the other “CD Room” that stole my name and idea 😭