Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Share Your Progress Sticky

A topic by MixMyu created Jun 05, 2018 Views: 2,267 Replies: 72
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 34 · Next page · Last page
HostSubmitted(+3)

It is nice to have company when you're creating something!
So if you want to share your progress, feel free to do it here, or on Twitter (#CoffeeJam)

Submitted

ugh.  only the lame-ish ideas cometh.

Submitted

Ok - I came up with a goofy idea.  Here's my first sprite --- CoffeeMan!

HostSubmitted

This is strong coffee energy :P

Deleted 1 year ago
HostSubmitted

Oh my! These characters are so cute ♥ I especially love the little coffee bag asset!

Submitted(+1)

Still need to make some textures for the truck, and get it driving, but thought that I made pretty decent progress tonight, especially after being away from Blender and Unity for so long. Started working on this a bit later than I had hoped, so hopefully I can get the rest of it sorted out by next Saturday!

HostSubmitted(+2)

A gamedev is never late, they upload precisely when they mean to ;)
Don't fret about the date, upload a first version on time, and then update it as you want. This is a very promising start !

Being able to see your progress is one of the best things about programming or game dev. I just spent around an hour working on the inventory system. Something that took me a couple of weeks to get the hang of a few months ago.

(Also, please ignore my PAINFULLY, 

PAINFULLY

Bad art. I can't make up my mind for what art style I want to go for so this is just........ placeholder 'art'.

Next up; actually being able to attack your enemies!

Submitted(+1)

Got my idea on Sunday evening. I'm going to be working on a Twine game, I did the coding part last night and it all seems to work.

Now I have to write the damn thing. I gave myself today, tomorrow and wednesday to write the three chunks of text that are going to be the full game. And then I'll use the rest of the time to make it look prettier and to translate it to English if I can. I'm confident it's a reasonable schedule.

Only I didn't write a line today. Might be the heat, or the washing I did that left me knackered. Anyway, I know I work best during the night, so here's to hoping I get that first third of the writing done before bedtime.

HostSubmitted

A Twine game yay \o/ I love Twine ♥ Hope the heat doesn't tire you out too much though :( 

Submitted

I'm nowhere near done, but don't Twine story trees look lovely?

This is the stage where I start realizing I'm actually doing this. I'll be in time and I'll have something to show, and it probably won't be good, but ehh who cares?

HostSubmitted

It'll be great! Your tree is so tidy too ♥

Submitted

Omg your Twine is so organized ! Mine looks like this

Submitted

My game is done and working in French, I'm now supposed to use the ten remaining hours before the deadline to rush a translation in English.

Yay!

Submitted

Aaand I'm done!

Fully translated to English, just in time. I just need to upload it and that's it!

Submitted

Didn't get as much done tonight as I had hoped, but got some textures going on the truck itself, and found the reading material I needed to (hopefully) get the truck driving for tomorrow. Fingers crossed!!

Submitted(+1)

I'm only getting a few hours a day to work on this, so progress is slow.  Plus the fact that my game idea was only half formed.  I've been able to expand the game idea today, and created some appliances.  :)  Also, you should see a falling coffee bean, there.

(+1)

Hi! I've decided to take part in this jam to kickstart my learning-blender-and-unity journey, but mostly I've been watching very slow tutorials and not working on the jam. I've modeled a cup though! Not textured, and not especially pretty, but it is a cup.

Hopefully I will still be able to submit something more than a screenshot of an untextured model at the end of this, haha!

HostSubmitted

Are you doing the BlenderGuru tutorial with the donut and the mug? I did that one last weekend, slow going but very good to really understand how the software works :D
I am sure you'll have much better than an untextured mesh by the end of the jam ^^

No, I've been jumping around between different tutorials, may have to check it out! I should just pick a day where I go ham and work on my models all day, and I'm sure I'll at least have a scene to submit! :)

Submitted(+1)

Here's a very quick Sneak Peek of my game in progress, I started a bit late, so hopefully can catch up....

HostSubmitted

Is it a match-3 game?? That's so great! Hope you can catch-up without exhausting yourself :)

HostSubmitted(+4)

Alright, my turn, I'm having fun learning Blender and getting back into Unity :) Still a lot of things missing, not sure I'll be able to finish but I like what I have so far (with a lot of help from the internet and smarter folks than I)

I love the style and the colours and the particles and the and the... That's a really good looking cup of coffee.

So cute 😍 I love the lil' ghost buddies

Alright... done for today,

I decided to go for a dark/ forest theme. I played around a bit with the UI and am quite happy with how it is presented here. (Note, the top tab is for crafting / mixing). Due to me losing my mind over trying to make an inventory system (rolling back to a previous version is never fun) where all the items are unique and don't all derive from the same class I decided to change up my key mechanic a bit. Instead of using Ingredients to improve your basic coffee you use the ingredients to make unique coffees (so a weird reversal thing). 

Tomorrow. Ingredients and Mixing!

HostSubmitted(+1)

Yay, mixing coffee \o/ It's always nice to allow yourself to change your concept in a jam, sometimes we need to step back and reassess!

Submitted(+1)

got the truck to drive today, as well as a waypoint indicator!! now to just get the waypoints to spawn randomly. then, it'll be time to make some coffee deliveries

Submitted(+4)

Here's what I've been working on during yesterday's and today's coffee breaks :

Don't let those sugar cubes spoil the taste of some good coffee, but mind your caffeine level, so that you can keep up with the pace.

All that's left is basically to add some sound effects, and more importantly to redraw those ugly coffee cups.

(+1)

I love the Game and Watch-esque style. Really nicely detailed hud as well.

Submitted

It's sper cute and look really fun with all the sugar to stop

HostSubmitted

Wow, that looks AMAZING ♥_♥ love the style and it looks super fun :D Great job!

Submitted

Looks incredible!! Can't wait to play it!

Submitted(+1)

Just added a rough actions menu and scoring UI  to the Coffee Coders office. Now the coders know they will need more coffees to reach their targets.

Numerous gameplay improvements and graphical updates needed before Saturday! Not to mention a good sfx hunt.

The background shapes look funky because I converted a small pixel art scene to svg to enlarge it. A foolish idea which I haven't yet reverted.

You know it's accurate because even though there's only 270 lines of code, there's already 58 bugs in the program :D

HostSubmitted

Love the little coffee machine in the corner! This looks super nice :D

Submitted

I have three enigmas for my escape ! I consider my work to officially being decent (not good yet but hey... I still have two days)

HostSubmitted

I'm sure you'll manage to make something great!  (actually I'm quite sure you've already done better than "decent" but hey, we're our own harshest critics oftentimes :P)

Submitted

Looking good, everyone!  Can't wait to play these games!

I've got my main sprites done, i think.  Coffee bag, creamer machine, sugar dropper, and a "flavorator".   Now I gotta try to get some gameplay going.  Don't know if I'll finish, since I work 9 hours everyday, but maybe I can get a makeshift, no frills, demo to work.

What font did you use for the GudNuf (nice name by the way) Coffee Co. Lettering if you don't mind me asking.

Submitted

Sorry it took me so long to reply.  Life and stuff.  The font is 5Mikropix --- https://www.dafont.com/search.php?q=5mikropix

No problem, also thanks!

(+1)

Day.... 3? done. God, what a day.

This is my very first RPG-esque kind of game with this kind of battle system. Unfortunately I kind of underestimated how difficult it is to not only have 2 seperate inventories  but also expect them to interact with each other in a way which is bug-free. Well, I had to spend a good 30 minutes battling a stupid bug (items not highlighting correctly) and... well... you know.

Gahhh. Biggest script I've ever written (and it's going to get even larger when I add sound, animations, particles AHHHH)

Tomorrow, I'll add status effects (for drinking coffee) and that should wrap up the battle system. After it should be polish, Polish POLISH, POLISH.

Then I'll have to find a way to make encounters - make sense.

Save me.

Submitted(+3)

Thank you all for the nice comments on my previous post. Black, no sugar is now online.

Although I didn't spend much time on it, since I went for a game with such a small scope, I was actually able to add features over the course of the jam instead of removing some. That's right, I can hardly believe it either.

As a result, the buttons on the Game&Watch-like device ( the picture I used as a base was apparently from some sort of russian imitation ) are now fully functional. This means I will definitely upload an Android version. However, I have never deployed on Android from Unity, so I'll have to find some time for heavy testing on a couple of devices before I make the build public, which will probably have to wait for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, in the meanwhile, I hope you will enjoy the WebGL version !

Incidentally, question to Miss Myu : Will you make a video about the jam's games ? I found out about your channel thanks to the jam (clever advertising), and although I'm not much of a video-watcher, I'd love to see an overview of the games other participants made.

HostSubmitted

Congrats on a game well made and a jam very well time-managed!
To answer your question, I want to make a video after the jam yes. Hopefully I have enough time in august to review all the entries properly. Look out for a french video with english subtitles, probably :P

Submitted

Les sous-titres seront superflus en ce qui me concerne, mais je ne doute pas que d'autres amateurs de café sauront apprécier cette attention à sa juste valeur. Merci de ta réponse.

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 34 · Next page · Last page