Hey, What did you use to write this game?
Recent community posts
- Smoother/faster & responsive player movement
- Re-balanced gameplay (including stamina management)
- Better camera
- Better demon/imp AI
- Better Enemy AI / smoother enemies
- Treasure counter
- Enemy Balance jump from Level 2 to level 3
- Super skeleton enemy
- Smaller Mazes
- Treasure counter per level
- Less treasure needed per level to level up
- Sword hitbox increased.
- Level 8 is no longer out of memory bounds
- Level 8 is the last level
- Player movement (and enemy movement) is smoother
- Demon fires fireballs at slower rate
- Player resets correctly in the same room they were in after Depth 5.
Yeah, I wasn't too happy with how it moves. I just ran out of time to experiment. How would you prefer it move:
- 8-way attacking?
- acceleration in movement (i.e. the more you go in a particular direction, the faster the character will move)
- 8-way dash?
Let me know - your opinion is appreciated!
Thanks guys, I had a blast, even though I ran out of time for the stuff I wanted to get in. Love the pico-8, tic-80 and pixel vision. (I think I want my next project to be on pv but I need to buy it first!)
I wasn't a fan of the theme at first but it has led me to make my best game yet!
Hope y'all had fun! And plz rate and comment on my game! :-) would love to know what you think! It's a complete game with an ending (if you can get there!!)
"Why not to make the game get harder each minute? Or you change weapon type each minute"
Those are good ideas, I guess you could also do score multipliers every minute and so on as well. Or challenges for under a minute that give you a boost or something.
Then there is also bonus/power-up lasts for one minute, or even a sports game with 1 minute timer for rounds or qualifying etc.
I hate games that put you under time pressure, so I'm trying to think of a game that has this "one minute" theme without it affecting the gameplay as a timer. I don't want a countdown or a count-up.
At the very least, I think I will make any time-based mechanic a bonus rather than part of the core gameplay.
Anyone else thinking this way?
I guess I could always look as "one minute" as a measurement in degrees rather than a measurement in time!
Great graphics! It's a bit hard to shoot the drones bang on. Would be good to see variations of enemies in the future, and other obstacles event. Great stuff! Reminds me of Top Gun on the NES, and Space Harrier.