Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How do people find your game? [Stats!]

A topic by Errol created Jan 20, 2021 Views: 151 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted (1 edit)

Stats are always fun. Where do most of your visits and plays come from?

I was checking my stats, and, no surprise, half of my visits are still from itch.io.

I think the majority of that is from the initial launch from my game (which has a lot of views and plays and hasn't been surpassed since. Here is the graph from my number of plays:

Number of Plays

The latter bump in plays is because of twitter and it being reviewed on a website, but still didn't surpass the initial launch. 

Interesting to note how important the initial launch is.

Do your stats look similar to mine? Where do your plays and views come from?

Submitted

Here's my stats from Save Bigfoot's Christmas. Almost got none from outside of itch, but I really didn't seek any from outside aside from a couple twitter posts on my fairly low impression twitter account. Interestingly, I got about half of the views and plays than I did in the last Adventuron Jam, which I did the exact same publicity. Both followed almost the exact same curve though. 

Submitted
Interestingly, I got about half of the views and plays than I did in the last Adventuron Jam

Hmm, I wonder if it was because it was because of the fewer entries? 

Jan 17 was also a spike. I forgot that there would also be an upswing in plays because of voting...

Submitted

Submitted

Thanks, Gymcrash!
Again, it looks like the initial impressions are important because that's when it appears on itch.io. I wonder why there was a swell around Dec 30.