Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Let's Swap Playtests

A topic by MrBundles created Aug 07, 2020 Views: 192 Replies: 15
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

I'd love any feedback you guys can give me on my game.

https://mrbundles.itch.io/brack-and-forth

Feel free to post your game as well!

Submitted

https://meganinja223.itch.io/laila

here you go! I will give my feedback in a few minutes

Submitted(+1)

Thanks, so initial thoughts

• Great game mechanic and story, thought it was funny :)
  • The motion feels smooth
  • Great intro, with the scrolling dialogue
  • You did an awesome job, especially considering you did all the music and art for the game as well as the coding.

Some things that may improve it

• I personally would LOVE the ability to jump with the arrow keys  or wasd in addition to space.
  • I got stuck on the level with multiple platforms. I couldn't select the platform in the top right for time shifting.
  • It may be worth having a "menu" button somewhere on screen if the player wants to go back to the main menu.
    • Otherwise to restart the game you have to reload the webpage.

Again, awesome job on the game!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey man I played a little bit of your game and I found it very interesting. I loved the design, really simple and minimalist and the music is also very good!

It took me a few minutes to understand the game, but after I read the instructions again I kind of learned.

However, I think it lacks a "meaning" you know what I mean? I had fun playing but you only get points if you get a power-up. Maybe you should add more obstacles and the score increasing as you stay alive. And as long as you play, the game gets harder. I'm just saying u know, but anyway it is a cool game, there is a lot of potential there! Keep it up with the great work!

EDIT: Thanks for the feedback!! I appreciate, actually you can pause the game with ESC and go back to the menu, and that platform is actually not supposed to be moved. I guess I needed to give more indication about this to the player... sorry hahah so thanks!! Gonna improv that...

Submitted

its a great game the gravity could be a bit slower its a little hard but it is a great game

Submitted

That is really cool and dynamic game. I like it!

You can give feedback on my game too! https://ludwintor.itch.io/repuzzled

Submitted

Very cool game. Well polished

I think one thing that would have helped me a lot (having not played the game as much as you have) would be the ability to not have to rewind  the recording right away.

As in, record a movement, then stop recording, and be able to rewind later. 

But that's a pretty core mechanic and changing it may break the game in ways I don't realize.

But that was really the only thing I could think of, awesome job!

Submitted

Cool game, i would make a setting or something to make the game a little bit faster. Great music i like how high you jump and once you play a little bit the game flows very good. Hope you can give feedback on my game too: https://janjcl.itch.io/revengeonebos

Submitted

Thanks, there's actually a difficulty slider in the settings that will make the game a bit faster the longer you stay alive.

Nice job on your game. Did you make it using Godot? I'm just starting to learn how to use Godot and I really like it.

I like the way you put the sprites, background, and tilesets together. Everything looks really good.

One thing that may make a tremendous difference would be having more than one life.

That was the main thing I found that would help myself when playing

Submitted

Ow i'm sorry I didn't look at the settings screen. I made my game using godot this was the first time that i used godot. Thanks, your white and dark theme looks really nice. Thanks for looking at my game.

Submitted

This game looks awesome! We'll be sure to add this to our game queue when its the rating period. Check out our game as well!

https://jelli-studios.itch.io/retroscape

Submitted

Very cool game.

I almost replied and said it could use a tutorial before i read your game page.

Now that I know it's meant to be explored and figured out on your own, there's not much i can say against it.

Very nice artwork and excellent sound design.

Great work!

Submitted

I'd love some feedback if possible, I've added some new features:

https://strodogames.itch.io/lackluster

I'll give yours a play as soon as I've finished implementing the settings menu

Submitted

Cute game, very fun to play.

I like the artwork and the pacing.

Only thing I can say, as far as the balance of the game goes, is it may make sense to allow the player to move just a tad faster.

I really like it though, great work!

Submitted

You're not the first person to say that and I did consider and test it but the play area is small and you become clumsy and bumping into everything which felt like it took away from the gameplay, what do you think about being able to store tapes instead, maybe even on something that is mobile so you don't have to keep going back and forth?

Submitted (1 edit)

Sorry it took me a bit longer than expected to play yours, I ran into a problem and time is short so I hope I'm not too late.

The game is quite difficult but not in a bad way, the controls took a few minutes to get the hang of and understand exactly how it all worked and its an interesting take on the theme.

I loved that you allow for difficulty adjustment as I felt quite overwhelmed when trying to figure out the controls on top of dying pretty quickly.

Music is ok but I feel like there were better choices that would have fit in well with the game rather than a very samey loop, maybe experiment a little more in this area.

Art is pretty simplistic but its obvious that's mostly a design choice, it wouldn't make the gameplay any better of worse and the time is better spent in other areas.