Hi! And welcome to the Modded Add-ons Database, MAD for short, mod page. Let me explain what this is for anyone that wants to help, contribute or add to the conversation.
I first wanted to make a mod to create new areas, but quickly realized that even if I made new areas I would need to populate them with new/existing encounters, which is why I first went looking for the encounters .gd file. What ended up happening was me realizing that enemy statblocks, enemy Groupings (What is mostly understood as random encounters during exploration in-game), enemy equipment sets (yes, that's right) and even Captured Slaves parameters are all in the same file. And it's freaking easy to add more without breaking nothing in the game, so, considering that I thought that instead of making 300 different mods that added some things here, and some there, and some over there, it would be way more convenient for the community to actually put them together in 1 single mod.
MAD is intended to be an Add-On to the base game, in no way shape or form its breaking the game balance or changing the existing baseline game. It is purely for adding things to the existing experience, making it more rich and varied. And, like I said, it is also intended to be a community effort, so all credits would be due to the creators of each encounter/captive specs/set of equipment/enemies stat blocks, and can participate in increasing the mod.
Right now I'm the only creator, but that just means I haven't convinced you about how easy it is.
Whatever we can figure out that is essentially a database for the game, or can become one by our hand, to which we add stuff that gives it more variety. This is meant to be a simple mod in terms of code, but because is simple to code it also means ANYONE can contribute and so the amount of extra stuff we can add is... well, as much as we have imagination.
Items have been conquered! At least for the time being, Strive 5.22 is right around the corner so I can't stop working on this thing, ONWARDS to advanced scripting... this is going to be either hell or a breeze, there's no in-between that's for sure...
- Added items to existing enemy pools. I mean, I know I said I did this before. I lied. I'm sorry. It may or may not happen again.
- GrumpySeaUrchin Additions are now implemented for EVERYONE to play with, YAY! See? It wasn't that hard, you just had to try. And Grumpy even went farther and actually coded most of it like, geez what a guy.
- Bug squashing time. Fixed some known issues (Like Squirrel traits NOT working) some syntax mistakes in code, and a couple more things you really don't care about.
- Sebastian now offers modded races. I swear I had to put a gun to this guy's temple just so he would accept squirrels... Did I ever mention how much he hates them? Yeah, he does.
- NEW ITEM! Yay! But seriously though, new weapon implemented: Shortbow. Now there's ranged weapons (Let's be honest, its all make belief in the battles, the reality is we're throwing numbers at the enemies and them back at us when we fight....) and also there's a new thing implemented in the game for this particular weapon and that is...
- Weapon damage scaling! So, I figured that one out, and heck, it works. Like a charm in fact. Now your Agi based slaves that have like NO strength--CoughCoughSquirrelsCoughCough-- can actually contribute in combat damage numbers without using magic!
- MAD update, now we have a nice Acronym and it makes sense. Also, its not completely retarded like MEERD...
- Added New Races!
- Beastkin and Halfkin Squirrels, with their fluffy tails and their shy personalities, ain't they cute? Racials should work, but if they don't then it means the fix I tried did nothing, so keep me posted on that. Also, Beastkin are all Uncivilized, Halfkin are not. (This was actually the hardest part of these races)
- Dwarves, because how the heck are there elves in here but no plumpy burly and jolly bearded folk?? I still don't know how to apply beard to their description, but once I do they will be bearded, don't you worry your pretty faces, for now we have... IMAGINATION.
- Poison Swamp has a background now... I did something with it okay? Don't say I forgot about it, because I totally didn't just do that as a side thing trying to add squirrelfolk's equipment page shades... No sirree...
- Coding update. You have no idea how long this took me. But its here, its now, its MULTI MOD SUPPORT!!!! WOO-HOO! (From here on is for other mod creators) consult me for mod compatibility patches, they shouldn't be hard to code.
- Oh, Also, Figured out how reputation gains work in the road so cart scripted event bug is fixed.
- Changed the chances for 'bearwithperson' event to occur wherever it appeared. Sometimes more likely, sometimes less.
- New cart scripted event added to prairie. There is still missing an instance where you gain positive reputation with the faction that matters in one of the options, this is a known issue.
- Following that... SCRIPTING! Woo-hoo! For the time being is something real small, but as I figure this code out I'll learn how to do more advanced stuff, so I'll keep you posted.
- Added a new functional region. Yes that's right. It is the Poisonous Swamp, located between the marsh and the Eerie Woods. This area is still a WIP so background image is still a placeholder, same as the description, encounters and their rate of appearance. I'm thinking of even making it Frostford reputation locked when I figure scripting out, but that is something to figure out later.
- Mod Launched. Added a single encounter "Bear attacks a random inhabitant of the area". Time to figure some other stuff up.
Tromend: Not everything in the mod, but like, 90% of it. Come on, let's aim for the good 10/90 ratio. That meaning 10% Me, 90% everyone else. Heck it'll be 10% just because I'm doing the coding part, not even because of my few and far apart additions.
GrumpySeaUrchin: Item Creator. Rusty Axe, Soldier Brigandine, Closed Full Helmet, Hunting Hood, Ancient Axe. First Contributor!