Stand Your Ground
- Genre: Competitive Arcade Strategy
- Players: 2
- Platforms: Windows & OS X (Linux Planned)
- Engine: Unity 5
- Game Version Number: v0.6a (Alpha)
You have the RIGHT to protect yourself to the full extent of the law! If someone invades your personal space, go ahead and fill em' with lead!
In this game two players find themselves in a dark alleyway, one is just trying to get home after a late night, the other has darker intentions. Thanks to a new law passed you both have the right to defend your personal space, use that right wisely.
Either attempt to make your way around the malicious player without invading his space, or attempt to get him to enter yours.
- Local Multiplayer (2-Players)
- Environmental Hazards
- Arcade Style Movement
- Controller Support & Remapping (Partial Remapping Implemented)
- Deathmatch & Objective Modes
- Day/Night Map Variations (0.5a & 0.6a currently broken)
- Online Multiplayer (I have some UNet experience, it wouldn't be too challenging. Just time consuming.)
- Character Selection (at least 10 characters)
- Original Retro Style Sound Track
- More Game Modes
- Street - Standard map, features no specific hazards. (However I plan a check that if a player isn't moving after a set amount of time, that a car will drive at them)
- Strip Mall - Large map with a strip mall on the side of a road. Primary fighting space is the parking lot, however constant need to watch out for cars coming and going from the mall.
- Highway (NEW)- It'll be somewhat of a Frogger inspired map, perhaps 4 or 6 lanes of cars that the players will have to move between while fighting. Certainly the most hazardous of all the maps.
- Gas Station Convenience Store - This will be a compact close courters interior map that'll force the players to maneuver around a lot of environmental objects and will have triggered hazards such as spilling stuff on the ground, pushing carts, and a shotgun toting cashier!
- Cul de Sac - A "Grove Street" inspired map that will include idle NPCs and a gangster drive-by map hazard. Plus a possible gang vs police shootout rare event hazard.
That will bring the total maps to 5, which was my initial plan for the release of this game. However, with the style of Strip Mall and Highway, I've begun to think Street no longer fits in to the feel of the game and I'm considering either redoing the map, or replacing it all together.
Stand Your Ground is what I call my secondary development. Whenever I hit a rut with my primary project I'll spend a few hours here and there with this game to clear my mind. As well I've laid out my design for this game to be very small in scale, essentially no bigger in scope than you'd do a mobile game. My intention is very much to make an arcade-style game that will eventually be worthy of people willing to split from a few dollars for.
Will the game ever cost money? Eh, I don't know. All the features and maps you see above will be free on Itch. Once the game is finished and people enjoy the game then I'll consider its future as a viable product for sale. It'd be cheap though, I'll say it now this game will never cost more than 5$.
And the scope will never get bigger. It will always be a simple arcade style mini-game. If people like it, the most it'll grow is in new maps and characters.
In this thread I'll be posting development updates, fun tid-bits, design thoughts, and hopefully people will post feedback from trying out the game here and I can respond and try to incorporate any good ideas within my ability.