I do know a few. There is FPSCreator Classic, Game Guru and FireFly for Clickteam Fusion 2.5.
Recent community posts
--100% Opinion based--
It's pretty solid for a first game, though I do have a few issues so lets sit down and have a cup of tea now shall we?
1. Some of the platforming was kind of odd (though that's not a bad thing). However, some sections looked a little rushed for my taste (i.e. Some platforms where just spammed across the stage, which I found to be lazy)
2.I can't see exactly where the platforms are. making it a little more frustrating to see where I am going.
3. Just a minor nitpick here, The way you put together the assets (I'm assuming you got them from the unity store since you made it in four days and have a full-time job) looks a little off. But that's just my opinion.
4. The camera movement makes me slightly sick for some odd reason (then again, I could just be tired LOL)
However, this is all to be expected with a first game.
Sorry for ripping this game a new one, I don't want to sound mean spirited because that's just rude lol.
I would recommend fixing and polishing your games in the future but like I said for a first game, it's not bad. I mean, it's better then my first game XD.
Unity is not really the best engine when it comes down to 2D so that may have something to do with then camera movement.
I hope to see more from you in the future, have a nice day :)
It was... Meh.
About what I excepted from a game made in Gameguru.
Dialog was a bit cringy.
I get the feeling you just took a bunch of pre-made assets and threw them into a blender.
Gameplay was a bit clunky, I would recommend editing the scripts for guns and AI just a bit.
Also, the game smells of lazy. You didn't even replace the default background for the menu or icon. Not to mention floating ammo crates.
It's not a bad game... but it's not great either.
I do hope you improve though, try different art styles and find the one you like most. Start learning how to make better gameplay and scripts.
As much as I ripped this game a new one, I do hope you improve.
Enjoy the rest of your day :)
Gameguru is a interesting engine. I actually own it but never really made anything with it (Far too basic for me)
Most games made on Gameguru are Asset Flips. Games that are completely made up of premade assets. They are usually made by younger, inexperienced developers or random nut jobs that want to make a quick buck.
I've never actually seen a good game made on Gameguru (I.E original content, gameplay , e.t.c) though its not impossible.
Gameguru is a very clunky engine. Even with a brand new p/c, it runs like s###. (12 gb of ram) though something could be wrong with my computer.
All in all, I'm not a huge fan of Gameguru games. But if you can make a decent game in it...
then I think you get a gold medal LOL.
Have a nice day :D
(This post is not meant to be negative)
I use Clickteam Fusion 2.5 for all my games. (Have been for six years)
I use C/C++ and Assembly when I try to make extensions for Fusion (See I said try, because I'm not all that good LOL XD)
Audacity and LMMS for Audio.
GIMP/Paint.net/Inkscape/Various pixel art makers for art.
And a stupid, drugged up brain for ideas and work stuff :/
Thank you very much for the criticism. I really do appreciate it. Although I am a bit disappointed in myself :/
I'll keep this in mind while developing other projects. I hope the rest of your day (well I guess night) is great :D
I have noticed that my games have been of poor quality. But for some reason I can't tell why.
Is it my engine? Or my poor understanding of Game-play?
Is it the graphics, sound, overall story?
Its kinda hard since some say there good and they don't really explain what does not work.
(Some people do though)
Thanks in advance :)
Wht u talkin bout i engrish good. U r bad smrt. I awsom gme dvlpr.
Nah, I enjoyed your criticism. Not sure why, maybe it has something to do with the "Zyroidkarbie will eat your balls" XD.
What I was trying to go for with the whole 'Fate System' was to add some level of replayability to the game and to add in more endings. As you can tell from the game, I never added that (Because I got lazy -_-).
Now that I look back at the game, it is pretty bland. I should have at least put in some more decorations (Non-Physical ones at that) and some more colour.
As for Zyroidkarbie. I made it invisable since I wanted the player to use their ears to find it. I guess that really only works when the ####ing audio works properly :/
The physics look like something out of Goat Simulator among all things. Maybe the fact I made the 'Physics Engine' from scratch might have something to do with it.
Like I said in my game. I will clean it up, polish it and maybe add some stuff (Checkpoints are one of them).
Anyway, glad you (sort of) enjoyed it :)
These games are still learning experiences for me, not that it makes the games any less s##t. So, hey. At least I learned something today :D
I hope the rest of your day is great :3
You are supposed to use the keycard on the three computers around the map after the power goes back on.
I guess I forgot to hint at that and the syringe. I am really sorry about that :(
But thanks for the feedback, I will fix that in a later patch
I hope you have a nice day :D
Hello there :D
Here are a few of my suggestions. (And no Unity and Unreal will not be on here due to my #### P/C not being able to run it so I have not tested them for a LONG time -_-)
My preferred engine is Clickteam Fusion with the XLua Extension and DLL Extension (Most extensions are free, including this one). Its one of those drag-and-drop engines though there are extensions that add Lua, Python and I think C#. It's not all that good with 3D though and its expensive as #### (100$ for Standard. 400$ for Professional) Not including the exports (You need to buy those too). Personally, I quite like it. It's decently fast and quite customization though don't expect to make 'AAA' graphics.
There is also Construct(The first one), which is like Clickteam's Fusion but its free and it comes with Python as well. Plus, the source code has been released so if you don't like it, you can just mod it. By the way, Construct is not all that good with 3D either.
Ever heard of SCP-Containment Breach? Well, that is written in Blitz3D. Which is free and open source. Don't want 3D? BlitzMAX is pretty good. Though there are a ton of functions to learn, its programming is a lot of fun and can be used to make both 2D and 3D. Also I think its Multi-Platform so you could export to Windows, Mac and Linux.
And for Text based games. Use Batch Compiler. Easy and kinda cool, though it only supports Windows.
So there you have it. A few engines I would (at least) try out. Most of these engines are either free or have a free trial.
and in case you want to know even more, check the link bellow.
I hope the rest of your day is nice :D
While I'm working on the more stable build of Zyroidkarbie, I feel as if there will be somethings I will miss like gameplay bugs or overall quality. If you feel like playing my bad, short unfinished garbage than please download from the link bellow. I would love to hear your criticism of my game. (Please note: Saying F### u ur gme is sht hahahaha, is not criticism. Just putting this out there)
Here are a two of my favorites.
- Postal 2: A black comedy first person shooter by Running With Scissors in 2003. Graphically, its awful even for 2003. Story is bad and gun play is atrocious. However, I find it to be unbelievably funny. Let me describe one of my favorite moments. So, you go to a church to be forgiven of your sins to a corrupted priest. Suddenly the Taliban bomb the church and start a mass homicide. As if that wasn't enough, if you look around you can a porn gamble machine (not really sure what they are called). Most missions are like this one so if its not your kind of humor than I don't recommend playing it. Although its pretty cheap at about 11 bucks Canadian when I got it. It has about 3 to 4 missions per day and with 5 days (monday to friday) there is a lot of content in the game. If you buy the steam version (not sure about the others) you also get the 2005 expansion pack with 2 more days of random stuff. Oh and of course there is a 6 dollar CAN DLC with 5 more days. I got a ton of fun out of playing it and even now I'm still finding things even though I've played it for over 200 hours 0_0
Just um... Don't let your parents see it. Trust me, they will freak out.
- TouHou Project ( 東方): A series of japanese bullet hells made by one guy. All art, music, code and publishing is done by the man named ZUN (Jun'ya Ota) I like them for there stupidly difficult challenges, the pretty patterns from the bosses and of course, the music. The games usually have six stages with one extra stage if beaten without continues (sometimes with other requirements as well) These games are about twenty minutes to an hour long and the loss of all lives means a complete restart if you wish to get the good ending. Yeah, this is one of those games that tells you your a little bi### for using continues (especially the old games, like TH2 where it called me and i quote 'Failure of a person' on my first run -_-). You can get these games for free from websites like https://moriyashrine.org/ (they come with an english patch in case you can't speak Japanese) And if you fear that this will anger the developer, don't worry about it. He is pretty chill about it, even saying he is happy with it since the translations allow more people to enjoy his games. Though if you do want to support him and buy him a beer, you can get physical copies from J-List or digital copies from steam. If you do want to try them, start with either number 13 (Ten Desires or Eastern Divine Spirit Mausoleum) or number 6 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil or Eastern lands of the Scarlet Devil) just stay away from 15, its the most masochistic one of the series. Don't be like me who played as a second game 0_0.
Audacity and LMMS (sometimes FL Studios) for music. GIMP, MS Paint and Paint.NET for art and Clickteam Fusion 2.5 for development. Though recently I have been tinkering with the DLL Extension so I have a bit of knowledge of C as well.
As much as I would, I prefer not to. My email account is personal and I don't like handing it out to people I don't know.
(Yeah, I guess I could make a new one but I'm too lazy)
Hello fellow game developers, jammers, musicians, whatever you are. Before I start listing off my tips, I would like to let you know these are NOT rules that you MUST follow. You can use these tips for whatever reason you want and hopefully you might learn something. Also note that these tips wont work for everyone. And if you have any other tips you would like to share, please let me know. I would love to know what you have. And finally, Most of these effects where done in Audacity so, thats how I'm going to be explaining how to do it (though I'm sure any other audio editor will work as well) Anyway, lets begin my little and BAD guide :3
These are just some instruments i tend to use, so lets have a look at why.
Drums: Does not matter what kind of drum, really. As long as it has a kick or tom in it (Sorry, I don't really drum so i'm probably messing this up XD) it should work. Slowing down a kick, tom or even both makes a sound of either heavy footsteps, explosions from the distance or a massive earthquake. For the best results, try using pualstretch or any kind of audio stretch tool. Doing this might make it sound a little more ghostly.
Bells: My personal favorite, Slowing down a bell can make it sound like a scream. Especially if you add a distortion to it. Adding a stretch to the ix sometimes results in a ghostly scream. Hence why I named my bell Satan's Charm.
Glass Bottles: If you don't have a bell, this is a perfect alternative. The sound from hitting a glass bottle is a little different from a bell but in some cases will sound harsher. Like the previous entries. A slowdown and pualstretch is really all you need.
Vocals: A distorted voice can be the most horrifying thing you may ever hear. This is due to the fact we (most of the time) know its a 'human' voice but something is just slightly wrong with it (Search Uncanny Valley) If your too shy to speak into a microphone, text to speech programs will aid you with this one.
Okay, so now that you have your recorded sounds or a song you wish to distort, i shall introduce some effects I like to use when creating horror sound tracks.
Lucid Nightmare/Mirrors Edge effect: I created this effect back in 2018 when I created the song Lucid Nightmare. I however lost the original effect file and i was not able to recreate this effect for a while. But then i re-discovered it. To do this do Slow it down until its about eight minutes long. then go under Effects > Filter Curve and create a scale similar to this
After that press OK. This will create another effect I call Mirrors Edge (Because it sounds like its being played through glass)
You can leave it there if you wish but if not, go to Effects > Bass and Treble, crank the dB up to 30 (max) and hit OK.
Finally, Go into Effects > Distortion and do both a Hard Clipping and Hard Overdrive. I recommend you either normalize it or compress it before listening to it because trust me, it hurts 0_0.
Armageddon Effect: This one is pretty simple. Import a bunch of songs (I tend to go for 10 but more is welcome, minimum of 5 songs) combine them and do whatever the F### you want :D.
Combined Effect: Similar to Armageddon effect, You will require a S### ton of songs. However, this time each song will be played either to the left or the right. And just like the Armageddon Effect, you can do whatever you want with it :D
Infra-sound: Infra-sound is not exactly an effect. Its more of...... I'm not really sure :3
I do know, however it is creepy. I don't exactly want to get into a lot of detail so here is the basics. Infra-Sound is any sound the human ear cannot hear but can feel (it is usually 20Hz or Lower). If you use this, DONT USE MP3 OR ANY COMPRESSED FILE. Files like MP3 remove the stuff you cant hear. So if you export your song with MP3, you will probably loose it. Use OGG or something like that. Do note, there has been some research on Infra-sound causing physical issues. Not sure how accurate that is but I'm not a doctor so don't ask me -_-
And that is it so far, i hope you learned something :)
There was a lot more that probably could have been on here but I'm too lazy LOL.
I hope this helps some developers who need a little boost when it comes to making horror music. If you created any songs using some of my tips, i would love to hear it or play the game it is in. Good Luck to all.
I feel unbelievably stupid right now. I could/should have done that -_-, however it can be a pain if I want to keep the backup up to date. Uploading and re-uploading would be just a pain. (I have to save my projects twice as frequently because my battery decided to commit suicide and my power seems to cut out pretty often -_- )
Okay, I just woke up and just had my morning tea so I think its the best time for me to reply since Common Sense has not woke up, here is a list of them.
[Be warned, this will get really weird]
- I Wanna Be The Guy and Yoshi's Island
- Harvest Moon and Quake
- RAGE and Five Nights At Freddy's (All of em)
- Touhou (every game, including spin-offs) and DoDonPachi (Actually that wouldn't be too weird i guess)
- Sonic The Hedgehog and Outlast
- Minecraft and Candy Crush
- ROBLOX and Call Of Duty
- Mortal Combat and any Dating simulator (I would like to see how that works out)
And my all time favorite...
Any Action based game with lots of violence and any Visual Novel (Okay, this one is a little too generic but I'm still putting it on here)
Have a nice day :3
Yes, I needed this.
I don't know why but, I a oddly romantically in love with jeffery. Just look at his
there so dreamy
where is my jefery body pillow?
(this is a joke, both like the game and my life LOL)
Ouch. And I thought my situation was bad (5 or so months in development before my P/C decided to middle figure me with BSoD)
I wish you luck on your future projects, maybe one day they will turn a profit.
Have a nice day :)