A simple idle game, i didn't mind it but for what i read text was well written.
The encounters where funny but kinda random to click on the bottom of the sign, anyway the dragon could not kill me so I've finished the game even without the statistics. Also after noticing the slow counter I've decided to use speed hack on Cheat engine, after that the game was much more barable to play.
Recent community posts
A simple idle game, i didn't mind it but for what i read text was well written.
I love cooking games, but maybe the time limit are too much strict, i could only deliver 1 order and some recipes like spaghetti are too long to deal in multiple orders. I think a good pacing for this game would be
1) preparation time: prepare the ingredients without knowing what they are gonna ask, you cannot prepare food since people demand it fresh
2) order time: serve the food freshly coocked
3) cleaning: keeping your kitchen tidy will down the % of dubious food prepared even with the right recipe
I would suggest you the next feature would be the fridge managment, conserve excessive prepared ingredient and trow the rotten, this is one of the most frequent issues i encounter in real kitchens.
I find this game really interesting keep up the good work.
Works fine, didn`t encounter any bug, the guard doesn`t detect any sound at moment so you can sprint and shoot behind them, in the build i felt the need of a melee execution but that depend on your direction.
Nice game, I felt that the game was most interesting during the boss fight since normal enemies are too easy to clean and they end up being an annoyance more than a threat, I feelt that most of the time the camera is too close to the action since I'm shooting stuff off screen, also I'm not sure about the RPG stat would fit this kind of game in the long run since is more about dodging projectile than tank hits, I would rather prefer become more powerful with visual than statistical.
As the plot, well i guess is doing his job to deliver the best "cute girls shoot each other" experience ever.
This is an impressive FPS super polished and fun to play. Couldn't find any bugs in my playthrough. I lost myself occasionally due to the dull look of the first stages but it was something like 20 second, I felt that sound design could be better adding monster noise to the cultist and some impact to the mace. I loved the shaders, playing this game other than minimum resolution doesn't make sense for my eyes with the pixelated art style of the sprites but at the same time I think the 1px arms legs character design is a little weak in my opinion but I guess unless you pay an artist you can't do it otherwise. This is a nearly perfect experience that leaves me asking for more!
P.S.: Is possible to limit the FPS to 30? The animation of the sprites are not as smooth as 60fps, but this is mostly a nitpick.
I find difficult to give proper feedback on your game since I know that you are more focused on the multiplayer, on the other hand I was feeling overwhelmed by the many options that your game has, I usually like when games like this start with almost nothing and you build up your arsenal and skills by beating levels or buying on the shop, it would be helpful to have a pop up that explain what have you unlocked.
Gameplay wise I can't say anything since is one of the most polished entry.
I'm using the gamepad but I couldn't figure out how to make properly work so I've used Big picture to simulate Keyboard+mouse input, and I meant the blue target (the one that appear after pressing "lock")
Looks amazing and plays really nicely, the only nitpick i would say is the camera not following the "locked" target but for the rest I was enjoying my time with the demo, good luck for the kickstarter campaign!
Many QoL from the last time, I felt was less frustrated from my "being bad at videogames" and now I can keep up with the pace. I played mostly with the blank character because I've always dig collecting power-ups and become powerful, after trying the new weapons and they need balancing to cause the baseball bat can deal almost double the dmg from your fists, the drill can shred bosses and the whip is quite weak in comparison, I only buy that cause I felt fists are no longer viable and you need to extend your moveset.
Then I've tried the characters, blue is a nice alternative way to play for people who want a simpler experience, her lack of CC makes her quite balanced.
Yellow is totally broken, Down+Punch can infinite the first boss and (air) Up+Punch can stun the second easily, enemies where no match from range and Up+Punch, and never used the special, I will not say that was a bad experience, the cheesiness of yellow make me realized that the graphic style is really enjoyable, so much that I played for 7 runs stomping the enemies over and over.
I feel that characters can be an interesting way to experience the game, maybe a way to balance them is to not make them possible to upgrade their max HP.
from the second world, I noticed that the Tank and the Ghost are quite cheap, mostly because there is a little room to react to their attacks, consider to slow down projectiles in general.
Some slowdowns in the second world, specifically is the room that start with 2 rainbows, beats enemies and you drop down.
I'm happy to see progress on this game since I love brawlers and impacts in my beat'em ups.
Couldn't play with coop because I don't have any friends :(
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 5500U @ 2.40GHz 55 °C
Broadwell-U 14nm Technology
12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 (11-11-11-28)
LENOVO 20BVA017CD (U3E1)
ThinkPad Display 1366x768 (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Lenovo)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce 940M (Lenovo) 38 °C
ForceWare version: 441.12
232GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250GB (SATA (SSD))
Reached the 3rd floor, Really wonderful concept with strong gameplay. I can see a bright future for this game, especially played in coop with a friend controlling blocks and the other the knight, but also as a compelling puzzle to beat alone, I welcomed a lot the fact block do not descend if you control the knight because this shit is hardcore as fuck.
- a green goblin went trough the knight after a line, I'm not sure how to replicate this bug
- are all the chest suppose to be mimic?
- Hammer is vitals because many time I found myself in the condition of block my knight in the same row all walled, consider generating a hammer nearby the knight every line done by the blocks - Double tap for smashing a wall, it can help unintentional hammering
- Make appear at least 1 heal potion on the screen when the knight is low on HP.
- Colour-coded bars same as the Potions for more intuitive design, HP = red, AP = Blue, EXP = Orange.
- I think this game would benefit for a Difficulty score multiplier, maybe I'm a little bit too dumb for this game but the base game is really hard for me so it would be a possibility to give the option to have infinite AP, Infinite Hammers, having the knight invulnerable from falling in the void at the price of high scores.
The actual structure is serviceable, but I had the feeling that this game could be much richer on the dungeon crawling aspect, what I was thinking is design the game on floors like quest but with an endless loop in mind, each floor has a theme like a goblin floor, traps floor, ice floor... with the block decorated by the theme.
Each floor has an advancement bar that fills with the score combined for a block and the exit appear when the bar is filled but after that, the bar will go back to zero. if you miss it I guess you have to refill the advancement bar but you don't gain any score and from the level anymore.
Monsters should scale each floor making the player aiming for keeping the knight strong enough to face deeper floors, the player could grind but the EXP is lower after the exit appear.
Occasionally a Challenge floor could ask you to do some mission (like the one present in quest mode) to unlock the bar of advancement. Every 5th floors could be a Boss floor, after beating the boss, the player is rewarded with a lot of EXP and the exit appear.
Quest mode could be called Story mode and it could be just like an endless mode but with the possibility of continuing after a boss, each boss could have cutscenes or dialogues, after beating the first loop the game will end with the ending cutscene, this mode should be aimed for people that want a less stressful experience.
- A monster that shoots a laser from his sides on block placement that pushes the knight to move out of is sight, it teleports on the same raw of the knight every block placement.
- A monster that throws bombs toward the knight, the explosion destroys a square 3x3, it doesn't teleport he just ran.
- I played the game while listening "Solstice main BGM" and had a blast because I feel that this game has the vibe of an old DOS game, I'm not suggesting strictly 8 bit but daunting music would fit great.
I hope you find any of my feedback is useful and also find this wall of text not too painful to read.
It definitely nail the experience of playing a cheap bootleg, the one i found more interesting where Future escape with that weird backstory at the beginning for a simple dodge game, Crate realm was actually intriguing and Dragon Bowl 2 for the name also it make lose my side finding the bug on the upleft corner. The other one are weird, not fun and Attack Sky is not working, I'm not sure if is part of experience.
Overall i don't know what the direction of this project could be, but if you want to aim for maximum bootleg you should add more games to stand out as the ultimate bootleg experience.
Nice concept i dig being a pirate in a management game. It would be nice to have more dynamics like things that would make me feel more in control of a ship rather than a cursor, like ocean currents that make slow you down or make you faster.
Another thing i think would benefit the game is that ships should try to avoid you, also you could add a collision system for the ships so you can even add a damage meter that require gold for repairs.
I hope you find the feedback useful.
Comfy game, you should move the camera higher for better clarity, it could be too early to suggest but i don't thing is a good idea to present the player with a lot of information all at once, the player should look the town for himself and knew the place by visiting rather to be forced to see a list of places just once. I'm not also sure how much important would be the combat but for now is impossible to fight without trading damage, maybe extend the range of the attack would help.
Beaten all the levels, is a good start but it need some polish
- Can`t jump while dashing, not sure if the problem come from my keyboard
- Pressing R when the character is out of the level make the character disappear forever
- Completing the level by sliding make the game go back to the menu
- The double jump made me skip most of the obstacles, i feel that the game is intended to play without it.
- Making the game without double jump make the game harder but more rewarding to obtain altitude, you could substitute the double jump with a jump that scale with your speed to create a game based maintain speed.
- For a speed running game i would personally prefer bass and drums music
Sorry about the dialogue feedback, i was thinking that when I'm rushing usually character keep talking and i was thinking that you had 2 option, one is to stop the player or make some response about the player rushing without reading dialogues, for example with the sun you can stop and listen or just keep going and make the character says something like "where are you going? that sun was talk..." "eh not interesting"
This is an interesting one, but sadly i reach the underground grabbed the ribbon and didn't know what to do next, could run this at 30fps with my old laptop.
- I found the screen shaking per hit is annoying while firing a corridor full of enemies
- I feel that the camera a little bit too zoomed in, bullet where still slow tho.
- AI need better path finding, enemies where stuck on the wall all the time
- I'm not sure that a Bullet Hell with Isometric could work, i found myself confused on the perspective while dodging, maybe is just me.
overall interesting project i hope to see a more polished demo the next DD
Nice presentation, i love the music and the animation, the setting is pretty unique so this will be your strong point i hope the plot get so cheesy and gross to make me wash my and every play session.
Talking about the gameplay:
- I think making 3 animation combo will increase the smoothness
- return projectiles with the melee could be a thing
- one of the strong point i want to make you consider is to abandon is the dodge button, you tend to design everything around that and for the demo enemies where not fun, i had to dodge and atk or trade, it would be better for my prospective be able to dodge by jumping or dashing and it would feel more organic in the end.
personal thing that make me triggered
- SILK SMOOTH TEXT AND HUD ON PIXELATED SHITTY GRAPHICS AAAAAAAHHHH.
Is cute, but i feel I'm not the target audience, i will try my best with my feedback:
If the cat and the fairy is separate the health bar do not divide
- The music underwater should be with less brightness rather than vibrato in my opinion
- Background should have some movement like moving cloud or moving leafs
- The dialogue should pop up based on the cat position. character should react if i go straight without listening.
- I was wondering if there could be faster way to obtain the super jump, is too slow for me.
Nice idle games, you should aim for no tutorial but intuitive design, one thing you could do is to:
- make the building light up when they are on, and shut downs when they are off
- make it clear what resource are missing by color coding the missing resource written in the update
- add more active element like make possible to colonize other favorable area far away and than expand the main city, make the player critical thinking about activate and disable all the time.
Lovely how it render, i think it suppose to be played with the mouse because with WASD was too easy, also if you want to push the idea of a drone you should consider to add the element of "Wind" to obstacle the player
Other observation after playing for few hours:
- Expand the vase hitbox, it's so irritating to miss >:(
- Dashing trough enemies can make them occasionally fly away
- The Direction of the Dash is dependent where the cat is facing, this makes dash backward not functional , for a smoother experience you could give independent direction to the dash.
- Are Projectile suppose to go trough the wall? I exploited that all the time.
- Shields are quite useless right now because they are too slow to use, their animation should cancel everything else so you can use as parry, also consider to make possible to use the shield while moving but with a walking speed.
- Ranged weapons easily are the most useful, for now every run was about finding a legendary knife and spam the hell out of it, base ammunition should not be more than 3, it would be better to direct a ranged player to find the right combination for the magic build.
- For now if you don't require the stats you instantly die but one of the exiting things about stat base game is trying to survive in overleveled area, so balance is required.
- Heals should be ideally on HP% so you don't end up with a broken spell that make you tank everything by healing 60% instantaneously or you could try other design choice like cooldowns or heal is a regeneration over time.
This has great potential, finally, someone who will monetize the absence of diablo loot games with gamepad controls. I have to play it more in-depth but I can already say a few things
NOTE: I played from the keyboard
- Buff and Debuff from weapons should appear somewhere at form as an icon for fast readability.
- I think that destroyable objects has too much loot, I will consider to not have a loot at all and use it as "cover" from enemies.
- A passive that makes you dash trough the enemies could be an idea.
- The third attack of the sword is pretty useless, I got that it means to stop the player for spamming attacks but I would make you consider to give some utility, like push everything away, or delete it.
- There is a lot of "dirt" on the screen, non-grabbable items quite bother me, I would consider dropping HP and MP only need it.
- I don't think autoaim is a good feature for this game, you should have all the freedom of movement as the game is fastpaced and aiming a rock rather than an enemy is not ideal.