As Asset Forge is in active development there are often new releases.
Could it be an easier way to get the new releases as an auto-update feature inside the application?
It is a nice app but it doesn't run (< 1 fps) on my laptop using an integrated Intel card. It runs well when I activate the Nvidia card.
It is surprising as the rendering doesn't seem to be too complex.
Maybe the problem comes from the live thumbnails?
I only tested the Linux version so far
1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
Hello, I'm gogoprog. I'm a game programmer.
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
No I didn't. I joined because I really like developing games and also to get more entries in my portfolio.
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
Doom, Duke Nukem, Mortal Kombat, Command & Conquer, Total Annihilation. They inspired me all the time.
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
Yes I do it professionaly and also as a hobby. I develop a game framework so I plan to use it in this jam.
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
I like rock music and violent games!
6. Any advice to new jammers (if you're a veteran)?
Restrict your project scope so you have something "finished" to submit! Have fun!
First of all thanks for the jam I really enjoyed it and here is what I achieved :
At first I wanted to do a RTS in a world full of lakes and the goal would have been to control those lakes. But as it happens in all jams the project went in a slighty different direction and in the end it is a world full of water with a few islands.
The player has a main base which is a futuristic shipyard that he has to defend and destroy the enemy's one.
The different ships that can be built are :
- Fisher ships to harvest fish (the only one resource)
- Fast fighter : a light assault ship
- Slow fighters : a slow and heavy ship (ideal to defend or to attack)
+ I think it went quite well as I had to time to develop a playable game. I hope some people will enjoy it ;)
+ I found some nice free graphics and audio
- The AI has been done very quickly. It is a very defensive one and will attack only if in sight.
- It runs fine in Chrome, a bit slower in Firefox and I haven't tested the other ones
- There is some alignement issues : the credits and loading text should be in the bottom!
- More units would have been great but I wanted to stay vertical
- A minimap could have been cool too