SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rules / FAQ Sticky

A topic by Sophie Houlden created Jul 08, 2016 Views: 2,485 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Host(+3)

Basic rules:

• Take a week, make a game about (or in some way inspired by) fishing.
  • Submission dates are October 24th-30th. But feel free to make your game anytime before or during.
  • This is a friendly fishing jam, everyone is welcome (however, being a jerk will get your welcome revoked).

General rules:

The jam is a no-pressure, non-competitive jam. If you want to start before the submission date that's fine. If you want to work in a team that's fine. If you want to spend more (or less) than a week on your game that's fine. If what you make turns out to not be a game that's fine. If what you make has barely any link to fishing that's fine.

I'll even allow games about "phishing", such is my benevolence despite having heard the pun too much during the first fishing jam :P

Recommendations:

During the first fishing jam, people made forum threads about their ideas and shared their progress. You don't need to do that this time, but it was a lot of fun so I'm recommending using this itch.io community to do so again :)

FAQ:

No Questions asked yet. If you have any, comment here or tweet me @S0phieH

Seeing this jam made me really happy and I had to post. The first fishing jam was the first game jam I ever did! Don't know if I'll attempt this one, but I just wanted to share my delight. :)

Submitted

I've got to try and remember this is coming up. I've been wanting to make a fishing game forever now. For some reason I always enjoyed fishing in video games more than actual fishing.

Looking forward to this jam, I'm a novice when it comes to programming but I'll try :

Awesome idea! I've never even thought of developing a fishing game but I'll participate for sure!

Submitted

I've got the name for my entry : Fish & Destroy!

Submitted

Omg I can't wait to see what that entails. :D

Not sure i'll be able to finish a game in 6 weeks, but whatever i do finish i'm posting XD