Hey, thanks for that! I'll see if I can figure out a repro for it and get back to you; it may well have had something to do with the Merge function, which I used in both of the .3DNs that broke.
Recent community posts
Hello! I've been playing around with this for a while now, and I'm having fun trying to make games look good in 3D. I've noticed a number of bugs with the UI, though, and as I have a background in QA I felt compelled to post them here.
- It is often difficult to change the settings when selecting more than one object at a time; the fields, like SizeZ and Layer, will display '-----' if the selected objects contain different values, but when you try to change one of the fields it will show the value of the object that was added to the group last. If you then select the same value, to change all of the objects to it, it fails (Presumably the code is checking the value of the last object against the value you selected, seeing that they're the same, and doing nothing). This often leads to me doing things like changing the group to a value I don't want, just so that I change it to the one I do want afterwards, which leads me to the next bug:
- Often after changing the settings of an object, or group of objects, when you hit 'Adjust' to confirm the changes, everything will be de-selected, which can be frustrating when you need to make multiple changes on a group of objects.
- Speaking of the 'Adjust' button, is it supposed to advance the game forward a frame? It feels weird that things can change when you're trying to adjust a large number of objects.
- When clicking and dragging to change the angle of the camera, the initial click counts as a selection if there is a valid object under the cursor, so you can often end up de-selecting your current object or group when you were just trying to re-position the camera.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope these are helpful!
I'm currently getting the same message with a .3dn file that I created for the game RoboWarrior. I'm using version 2.1.0, and it's happened twice now when starting from scratch. I tried starting from scratch and just changing a couple of things, but it seemed to load fine, so I'm guessing that something I've done both times is causing the issue. Here is the .3dn file:
This is really great! It has just the right mix of difficult controls and rapid game loop that means that learning how to play well is something you can really feel happening. Lots of really clever design touches (Like the coloured glow that lets you know exactly which enemy is going to spawn where), and it just looks and sound great!
I had a lot of fun with this! It's a very slick tower defence game, and I love the visuals and the music. I enjoyed it more when I made my own level, which turned out to be quite a challenge (Because the enemy spawning is the same for every level, shorter levels tend to be a lot more difficult), and it actually forced me to figure out the best places to put the towers, and when to upgrade them. Like you said in the forums, there's no real balance at the moment, but you can kind of make your own balance, with the level editor.
I liked this a lot! Things I enjoyed:
- The visuals.
- Immediately solving the 'frog door' puzzle as soon as I realised where the samples were from.
- Having the sudden realisation that the music was a cover of The Wizard.
- The description of Gob Island on the sign.
- That skeleton animation at the end!
The latest version is marginally less weird! I fixed the bug where Dot Gobbler would get stuck inside walls, and made the mouse visible so that you can click on the pause button. I also made the power pills actually do something! It's actually a functioning Pac-Man clone now.
Regarding the plot, I wanted to tell it with dialogue between levels, but I ran out of time. In the credits screen you can listen to a clip from Idle Thumbs where they talked about Dot Gobbler, and made up a back story for him; that's basically what I wanted to do with it
Thanks for playing my weird thing!