A beautiful vista.
Recent community posts
Also we've addressed your feedback in the latest patch (0.64.3); among some other things:
- Support for much higher window resolutions
- Better controller/mouse rebinding support (the game also remembers your configuration on exit)
- Numerous balance changes including nerfing multi-jump.
- Debug window is hidden by default (with an option to turn it back on).
- Mini map automatically closes when expanded for too long.
- Differentiating damage numbers to red (player) or magenta (enemy)
I think this should be made clearer on the website's UI.
If you're giving someone free access to the game (particularly an individual download link rather then a bulk one); one would assume that includes external keys if there's no option to specify for or against.
We need all the claimed keys/keys that have one download next to them to have access to the Steam keys; thanks again.
Thanks Leafo <3!
The option doesn't appear for non bulk keys for us though:
It looks like the only automatic way for users to have access to external keys is through bulk keys?
In the past we've granted individual generated download keys to users to close colleagues, friends and influencers.
Having launched our game on steam; we wish to give those same users access to a pool of Steam keys as part of the reward for investing on ItchIO early.
However users are reporting that they can't access the "Get Steam Key" link and there seems to be no way to link non bulk keys access to the pool of Steam keys. This seems like a bug? What can we do to work around this?
Kind regards from
Anthony and the rest of the team at Cognitive Forge.
Update 0.61.12.5 is out:
- Overhauled the lighting system.
- Newer item graphics
- Significant optimizations and balance changes
- and so much more... Full details here:
Thankyou for the kind words and feedback!
The grapple and shield can not currently be dual weilded simultaneously; as the 1st slot is reserved for offensive items based on the advice from most playtesters. The closest thing is using the quick swap button (Y on XBox controller or R on mouse).
With regards to certain enemies not targeting alied turrets; well spotted!
EDIT: We've fixed that in the latest update 0.61.10; in addition to multiple other feature updates.
We had made multiple updates since launching as well.
Whilst every patch introduces balance changes and fixes; Here's a high level overview of some of the more interesting key additions:
introduced several additional ways to turn enemies against each other with a new changeable faction system and related mechanics:
changed how the targeting system works as well as drastically mechanics behind some abilities such as cloaking.
Introduced some upgrades to each of the bosses and some unique abilities to steal from slaying them.
Introduced new potions and status effects.
Significant improvements to boss intelligence and attacks (Giant Worm and Necromancer)
Some new animations for the necromancer.
A better save system. Which stores a copy of your progression between updates so that you don't have to:
Next update will be within a fortnight...
Aura of worlds is a creative tactics roguelite platformer. It has a focus on exploration, improvisation and twisting the environment to your advantage. You progress through utilising your wits, reflexes and a plethora of abilities.
Procedural levels range from pursuing walls of toxic pollen to flooded passages lined with explosives to bosses spanning the entire labyrinth.
There are multiple solutions to every problem. For example if there is a lava pit blocking a chest do you..?
- Lure in an enemy and bounce off its head.
- Grapple rope across.
- Use a boomerang to fetch the item from a distance.
- Chuck a grenade in; destroying the pit and quickly setting everything nearby on fire!
Old trailer (2016)
Note: the game has greatly evolved since being greenlit
Some updated visuals:
Why early access?
We intend to extend the game with feedback from the community.
Getting the game now; entitles you to all future updates; a reduced price and an extra key on Steam. Aura of Worlds has been in development since 2013 and has been refined from continual player feedback from developer meetups like IGDA and trade shows such as PAX. The game is in a stable state with over 60 enemies and traps, 3 procedural worlds, 8+ level themes and more. Content is still being added and feedback is welcome 😊.
If you have suggestions; please feel free to post them here; or in the comments section of the game page.
Where can I get the game?
- Website: auraofworldsgame.com
- Presskit (Still being updated): http://auraofworlds.com/presskit/sheet.php?p=auraofworlds
- Greenlit page (Got through 2016): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=791971771
- Facebook updates: https://www.facebook.com/AuraOfWorlds
- Twitter Updates: https://twitter.com/cognitiveforge
Neat; playing it reminded me a of Downwell :).
The walls and enemies don't currently affect the player, there terminal velocity & gravity are a bit too high and the difficulty should increase as you progress. Also the default jump sound could be a bit less jarring.
Though I'm sure this will get ironed out in the future.
Nice work :D!
We've added quite a few since the review from GameTurtle:
- Added a system of runes; which give the players perks including being able to glide, being able to carry and throw things unimpeded, stealing health enemies.
- Fleshed out the Grotto of Guidance much more. Including
- Added a new boss: the bronze soldier.
- Some additional enemies and traps.
- Updated most of the graphics, particularly in the garden area.
- Much more particle effects (particularly for weapons and player actions)
- Extended the sound track with several more tracks including a unique musical piece for bosses.
- Multiple other tweaks, rebalancing and bug fixes from player feedback.
- Much more...
I can post the updates from June to now in the dev log if you like :)
We're fans of the 3 games you've mentioned to; having spent 50-100 hours finishing each in turn. Haven't quite beat Downwell on Hard yet though; nor gotten all 7 legendary fragments in the challenge run for TowerClimb (brutal boiler being the main roadblock right now XD). Glad you mentioned TowerClimb as it was actually the first roguelite platformer we played (even before Spelunky and Rogue Legacy) back in 2013 :)