Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

So, what are ya'll thinking of making?

A topic by mirta000 created Oct 28, 2021 Views: 1,483 Replies: 47
Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 22 · Next page · Last page
Submitted(+2)

This is a thread to share your excitement about your project. If there are fears that your idea or project will be stolen, feel free to be vague!

I always wanted to use my photography in something and I think this is a good place to do it. My main inspiration is a game called "Trauma", except that here I'll be writing about a clueless newly embraced gangrel. If the final product can be called "artsy" or "strange" then I think I made what I wanted to make lol.

(+2)

I'd been thinking for a while about a story I have a rough draft of but needed overhauling on. The story is a young lady starts working at an art gallery that turns out to be owned by a Tremere. The game's story would be centered around ghouls and the various situations they can end up in, good, bad, weird and everything in between.

The core would be the relationship between the main character and her domitor.

(+1)

Was thinking maybe something in the vein of Phantom Doctrine where you lead a shadow organization hunting down vampires, but without the tactical combat, only the strategic layer with autoresolve. Fits the setting since in V5 some high ranking orgs are aware of vamps existence and their control on banking and other resources. 

I sure hope i'll get the time to make it. 

Submitted(+1)

Sounds great! Loved the hell out of the setting of Phantom Doctrine, but was dissapointed by the repetitive and binary gameplay. Sounds like quite an undertaking tho!

(+1)

True, which is why i scoped it down as much as possible. As i said, no tactical combat. Everything is autoresolved based on stats, weapons, items and other modifiers. I just need to figure out a working formula :) 

I'm also keeping it small in terms of map size, weapons, traits and vampire clans. The HQ/hideout only features a small number of rooms with different features (a training room to improve one of the 4 basic skills, research lab to unlock a a few tech that may actually get scrapped, a prison to allow capturing vamps and a conditioning room to unlock ability to convert vamps to agents). The game style also allows me to keep graphics and sound as basic as possible, and it helps as that's the area i suck at. 

I guess if i can make a working prototype by half of november i'll ask a graphics designer to join me. We'll see. 

(+2)

Hello everyone not sure if I'm going to enter yet or not but it would be an awesome opportunity. Off the top of my head an in depth visual novel with RPG mechanics much like the Cotories of New York game.  Id want to explore how various cultures interact with the masquerade. Maybe you join a chiodhood friend who found traces of vampire activity and follow their lead into investigating it. You get too close to discovering the masquerade and you and your friend are both embraced. When you wake up your friend is gone and you have no idea what your about to become. I dont know. Its really exciting. If anyone might want to work together on this let me know!

(+1)

This sounds interesting. You dip your toes too deep into the water and the shark catches ya…

(2 edits) (+1)

I’m definitely interested in this, but it starts tomorrow and I have no time to refine my skills to the point where I would feel confident actually making a game for this jam. But I still think joining would be interesting.

As for what kind of game? Maybe a rougelike? I’m not entirely sure.

Edit: have a game idea, basically XCOM like gameplay but Vampires.

Submitted(+1)

You have little to lose by joining and then submitting something small. There are some big ideas here, but the biggest takeaway here is to just have some fun, I think :)

(+1)

That’s entirely fair. And hey, this jam lasts a whole month. I won’t be crunched for time like I would be in Ludum Dare. I’ll have time to figure out what I’m actually capable of when it comes to game dev, and whether my ideas work.

(+1)

I know how you feel.

I am so very interested in this jam. Never entered a jam before and I'm not confident my skills are up to it.

I guess if I keep putting it off to refine my skills more I'm never gonna make anything, haha.

I should try to make something. I just wish I had an idea or story in mind!

(+1)

Touche.

I’m decent at programming, my main worries are just the visuals and audio. Even though I know I can just use free assets. Maybe I should team with someone? But, I don’t think I’d be able to keep that up. Eh, I’ll figure it out.

Submitted(+3)

I'm thinking of a VTMB inspired top down turn based RPG: think several hubs, different quests and ways to approach them. The story would be set around a group of vampires, both Camarilla and Hecata, digging their way out of a city-wide conspiracy in the middle of Mexico City. Post-Sabbat shenanigans aimed at taking back the city would be at the very center of the story.

I also think approaching the games as a party of vampires in a classic RPG formula would be refreshing, as aside from the table-top I can't think of any WOD examples where you can play as a party.

(+1)

If you're thinking about this - I'd love to help out with some text and artwork - I'm very much a beginner. 

If I were to do like a blue-sky dream game - it'd be something about controlling feeding grounds or exercising boons to - eventually - have your coterie take over.

Submitted(+1)

about your project, I anticipate it to be extremely warped and difficult to follow :D any thoughts on genre yet? Point and click? Platformer? Novel?

Submitted(+1)

I just found this Jam about an hour ago..... I'm so in. I want to make something spooky revolving a Malk as an unreliable narrator in a really crummy situation (Thinking of tried to kill the prince then frenzied into the streets or something)... but having just found this I haven't fleshed it out yet.

(+1)

SAME!

(+1)

A Malkavian as an unreliable narrator. That sounds so freaking interesting. And potentially hilarious.

Submitted(+1)

Malk unreliable narrator is a great idea!

Submitted(+3)

I was thinking I might try a small, text-based game about a Tzimisce running a cosmetic surgery clinic.

Submitted(+1)

I would enjoy this blessed content.

(+1)

I'm only familiar with Bloodlines 1 so all my ideas come from there.

Could maybe make a game where you run a black market out of the back of a van like Fat Larry. Or a murder mystery game where you as the Malkavian detective have to talk to the objects in the crime scene to solve the case. Or maybe a haunted house experience similar to Ocean House Hotel.

I am looking to join a team but if I end up going solo I'll probably do the haunted house idea since it'll likely require the least amount of code to get working, letting me focus on the assets instead.

(+1)

I’m mainly familiar with Bloodlines 1 and the LA by Night series by Geek & Sundry.

Straight up Fly you look like a good Fly to me. Not to familiar with the World of Darkness content yet, but its kind of enthralling me in a strange way. I'd be useless if I tried to speed learn coding, at this point I think. I did just get 5150d on the 23rd for literally cutting my finger, so the talking to inanimate objects would just be another evening for me. Please check out my previous post on the other thread for more context on my idea. I can film my own stuff I'm competent on that end, I have people too. I can keep it family friendly too, Mr. Rogers is an idol of mine.

Submitted(+1)

Hi guys, so i this idea of a play on the trope "coming of age" but my twist is that the main character "comes to terms" with what they have become. I see this as a first person adventure game, and first playable will be a couple of scenes that take place couple weeks after the change and I want to try and build out a couple areas for the player to explore

Submitted(+1)

So like an introspective, solo experience like Dear Esther?

Submitted(+1)

yeah i feel the vtm world is great way to explore human behavior and conditioning. Also it would be interesting to give players a set of "tools" and say do what you like and see what happens

(+1)

I wanna make a visual novel/dating sim. I've got a handful of characters that I'll make sprites for. I would love some help with the writing if anyone is interested in working on a project as a team. Photography or art for backgrounds would be cool too, as well as original music. My twitter is linked on my profile so if you are interested just shoot me a dm! Or reply to me here, either one :)

I've never been on twitter, but I like your profile ezzy, and your ambition.

Thanks! I suppose if you're interested in working with me we can communicate through something else like email or discord! Just lemme know :)

I have an idea that I can't decide if I'm going to make it into a storyteller vault chronicle book or a game.  It's basically the real-life story of something that I dealt with that gave me psychological problems. My therapist said it would be healing to write about it, so I think it could be cathartic to write about it, and add vampires. :)

Submitted(+1)

Go for it! I'm putting loads of baggage in mine :)

(1 edit)

darthcrow your name stuck out to me. I was literally looking for a breeder of Corvus last morning. I like your more personal touch in your idea also.

Deleted 1 year ago

Buy an Aurora, learn to code, and learn as much about The World of Darkness as possibly able. Or you could just take a video, I found recently that I'm more of a visual learner 

Based on the idea of "Make what you're good at", I was thinking about making a game relying almost entirely on audio. As a composer and someone who's rubbish at art, this seems like a fun challenge to learn about audio in Unity. Still trying to come up with an interesting concept however. Maybe the player character is blind, and we're experiencing the first night since the embrace from their perspective?

Submitted(+1)

A blind main character with a game focused on hearing sounds great to me.

Submitted

So this is the first game im ever making. But I have been an ST for years. I've decided to go with a fairly simple VN using Renpy. My only problem is I am in no way an artist, so yay trying to find free art assets that look like they belong in the story your making... Well I'm still looking for stuff as I'm script writing.

Im half way done with the script now and set it up with 5 different endings and 2 shortened endings. 

I was very inspired by Draw distance and their games. And while I may not be able to throw in as many fancy things that they have, but thats the mark I'm aiming for. 

Submitted

That's a lot to have mostly done-ish. use the provided art packs to the fullest. :D

Submitted

The script writing part is pretty easy for me. The best advice I can give to anyone is a trick I learned from a script writing class. Think of the ending and work backwards. With each major beat ask your self, what caused this moment to happen, and when you have that moment fleshed out, ask the same thing. Write out the main beats till you get to the beginning, then just working in making them complete, fleshed out scenes. 

As for the art packs... They are nice, but... Not quite what I'm going for. The art style is about right, with most being that beautiful rough painting/sketch look that I just adore. However this is a more more personal and street level story I think for the most part. Ill just keep searching and Im sure Ill find something in the next 20 some odd days. 

Submitted(+1)

I'm going for something I always found fascinating, but never had a chance to properly work with: An epic art duel between Toreadors, escalating a bit.
It'll be text-based, as it is only my second project ever, I'm no good at art, pretty ok in writing and I don't want to spread myself too much.
My hope is to let people choose what "true art" they want to make and how to approach it...

(1 edit) (+1)

Was thinking of a Puzzle Quest type narrative game with a match-3 battle mechanic. Selectable character and discipline icons, blood, etc as the matching tiles. I don't have time to do it on my own though. Would need someone to write the story and figure out the quests and what not, someone for maps/art, probably would use stock music and sounds.

(+1)

I'm thinking of making visual novel with some 3d exploration elements. Basically something like Pillars of Eternity but the actions scenes are presented through text only. You get to make your own character, choosing your clan and your base disciplines. I'm gonna use Unreal Engine since I'm mostly experienced with it. 

Not gonna lie, I'm a little anxious since this is my first game jam an d my first game (except a very small one for a uni project). Hopefully I'll make it in time with something satisfactory!

(1 edit) (+1)

Straight up Panos best of luck to you Mam/Sir. I wanted to add that your picture caught my eye, seeing how I need a new banner for the winter season. 

Hey Guys! - We over at 'Paranormal Playtime' are developing a high-octane mystery survival here and it's shivering our timbers!

Set in the golden age of piracy, we challenge you to survive the seven seas and escape the schemes of the British Anarchs wishing to disrupt the Colonial Camarilla. 

Awoken in the middle of the night, you find your filthy fanged maw aching for feeding and a dislodged shard of wood rattles beside you. The sound of canons pepper the desolate inky night and the screams of sea-dog kine splinter through the hull. Who put you here? Where are you going? How will you survive the next 10 days until land? 

Fashion your sea legs from the remaining skeleton crew on board 'The Severn's Bounty',  currying favours of the shipmates or blackmailing them with the secrets hidden in their closets. Shape ship politics from the shadows of the masts or take your seat at the captain's table. Find your way to a safer shore in the new world or cast your lot under the Black Flag, determining your roll in this entry of the ocean sailing jihad.

...Lift a toast to the Dead Man's Crossing...

(1 edit)

Possible Hemingway off the Starboard bow... Ahoy Matey!!

of/off was the edit, and It's been said do need a new banner. Keeping the options open currently I can be peculiar with certain things so the flag has to make sense you know, and I get anarchy sells so ups👍👍 there. I flew red for a while in my life, met some interesting people met some boring people. There's one thing I learned living in a world full of ambitionless individuals. Is that when people expend energy towards a goal positive reinforcement will only fuel an ambition filled individual. So my quirks are my own in time, given a branch certain individuals can help a lot of people build to a solid stance.

Viewing posts 1 to 20 of 22 · Next page · Last page