Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Looking for teammates? Sticky

A topic by Laura Michet created Jan 22, 2017 Views: 1,042 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Host

Figured some of the people interested in this jam might be looking for teammates! Here's a place you can do it!

Submitted

Hi everybody, I'll be making a post myself but first I thought it'd be helpful to add a suggestion format for posting. Feel free to use this or not!

From My First Game Jam team finding thread.

I am a [role(s)] looking for [role(s) or team]!

1. Introduction: Include any basic information you wish for people to know. I.e., Name, timezone, pronouns, etc. Or go all out and give your entire life philosophy; it's up to you!

2. Skills: Stuff you know how to do, or kind of know how to do. You can also add things you're willing to try.

3. Programs/Languages: Engines/Programs (for any use, be it art, music, game dev, animation, etc) and markup/programming languages you are familiar with.

4. Portfolio: Not terribly necessary, but it'd be a good idea to provide examples of things you've done. Don't sweat it if you're a complete beginner!

5. Contact: Ways to keep in touch. Instant messengers, slack, emails, etc.

6. Other: Anything else you think is important. Have an idea for a game? Stick it here. Have any specific expectations from your team? Stick them here. Anything goes!

Submitted

I am a Programmer looking for a team!

1. Introduction:

Hi I'm Landon! I'm in the PST timezone (but I'm usually up between 6PM-9AM in that timezone). I'm still pretty new to doing game dev but I've been noodling around in Unity for a while now and have been programming for a while.

2. Skills:

Mostly I can program with some very rudimentary art skills.

3. Programs/Languages:

I'm best with Unity and somewhat familiar with Game Maker. I know Python very well, good with C#, familiar with Java and Javascript. I can also do some rudimentary modeling in Blender and Sketchup.

4. Portfolio:

I have one released game from a jam here: Angels and Tigers. I did all the work in it with the exception of the music.

5. Contact:

I'm @landonscribbles on twitter which I check regularly.

6. Other:

I'm excited to work on a Utopian vision of how we all can live as it's sorely needed right now. I'm also a huge Star Trek nerd if you want to dork out about that too. Aside from that I would really like to work with a team to release a game for the jam to get more practice working on a team and make new game dev friends!

I am a mainly-pixel artist and/or assistant writer looking for a team!

1. Introduction: Hey, I'm Mitchell. I'm a moderator for a Discord with 4400 people in it, so I'll probably be busy up to the first day of the jam. You can find the games I've worked on on my profile and check my Twitter; I can also link to my art Facebook if needed. For my past gamejams, I wasn't the only artist in either of them, so I can specify which art was mine in each.

2. Skills: Pixel art, editing, managing, keeping everyone up to date with what's going on. I like working as a monster/details artist more than anything. I'm still working on things like animating sprites. I also really like making 3D couches.

3. Programs/Languages: Asesprite, PaintTool SAI, Paint, a little AutoDesk Maya and Mudbox.

4. Portfolio: See my itch profile for game examples (again, will specify which art is mine and which isn't). I can also send sprites, drawings, or pictures of my 3D couches as needed. :)

5. Contact: I use Discord more than anything else. I refuse to use Skype because it's clunky and horrible. Sorry. qunariariqun#8616

6. Other: I really dig the Qunari from Dragon Age, so if your idea is anything close to their society, I'm hella fuckin' down.

I am a sound designer

1. Introduction: I am an audio engineer working in NYC. I make sounds... haha

2. Skills: SFX, ambient music, electronic music,

3. Programs/Languages: Wwise, Fmod, Unreal, Unity. (only sound though)

4. Portfolio:http://beatsiebeatsie.tumblr.com/

5. Contact: beatsie90000@gmail.com

I am an aspiring level designer/programmer looking for a!

1. Introduction: Hello! My name is Kyle. I'm in the EST timezone. I'm usually around from 9am until midnight or so. I'm fairly new to game development. I have Unreal and Unity installed, but have only really played around with Unreal. I'm currently enrolled in a Software Development degree program in college.

2. Skills: I have a fair amount of SolidWorks experience to draw from if there's any models that could be made in there and transferred into a 3D asset creation software. I'm not the best programmer in the world but I have a good foundation and can usually get things working to some degree. Some things that really interest me are level design and mechanic/combat design. I would also really love to learn how to use Maya (the free educational license is awesome) or even Blender. I can't draw worth a damn, but I can use CAD programs, so I feel like a bit of that ability would translate to 3D modeling.

3. Programs/Languages: Solidworks (CAD), LaTeX (markup language), C++, C, Python, JavaScript

4. Portfolio: In terms of game design, I don't really have a portfolio to put out there.

5. Contact: The best way to contact me is probably through twitter @NullFragment, or through Discord if we could set one up.

6. Other: The only real expectation I have is to hope to find a group that I can be helpful to and learn / improve some of my skills that would be applicable to the game design industry.

(1 edit)

I am a programmer looking for a team, or at least a game designer!

1. Introduction: I'm Zack, a database developer by trade living in New York City (so GMT-5). By night I develop the Life Simulator Engine, LiSE, which is in deep alpha, so I dunno if I'd rely on for this jam, but it's an option if you want it. I prefer they/them pronouns.

2. Skills: (wups i forgot) I can write pretty well, otherwise I just code.

3. Programs/Languages: I use Python 3 for most everything. For graphics and stuff I use the Kivy framework.

4. Portfolio: I haven't put out any actual games, sorry! Here are some alpha releases of LiSE, if you want? https://github.com/LogicalDash/LiSE/releases

5. Contact: Discord: LogicalDash#3253

Email: zacharyspector@gmail.com

6. Other: Best game idea for this jam I've had so far is an incremental game about unschooling – where you're a kid learning life skills in a world where pedagogy's advanced beyond what we think of as "school". Would require a fair lot of research to make though.

I am a composer looking for a team!

1. Introduction: I'm Isaac! I write music, I'm in EST. I'm working on a few other projects, but I should have time to work on this one as well, especially considering it's over at the end of February.

2. Skills: Orchestral music, electronic music, chiptunes.

3. Programs/Languages: Logic Pro, Reason, Wwise, Fmod.

4. Portfolio: www.isaacsjohnson.com

5. Contact: Twitter (@isaac_s_johnson) or Discord (isaac.s.johnson#8274).

6. Other: I'll probably ask to do the implementation to get more practice with it.

(1 edit)

I am a game designer looking for other developers all shapes and sizes!

1. Introduction: Hi, I 'm Keith Nemitz.

2. Skills: My strengths are writing, programming, and design. Although Laura might cough at my claims to writing : - P.

3. Programs/Languages: I'm strongest with Python. Currently working with C# and Unity3D. I've done C and C++ in the distant past.

4. Portfolio: You can see the games I've created over the years as an indie. www.mousechief.com

5. Contact: .My email is musenik@yahoo.com. I'll create a slack channel for devs who'd like to work on what I'm proposing. If there's insufficient interest, I'm happy to work with others on their project.

6. Other: I propose a utopia based on the concept of mediator, artificial intelligences. This is actually a thing that could arise from the latest computer smack-down of poker players, believe it or not. Imagine a world, where, when you need to negotiate, your hired AI can evaluate what you are worth, in the broadest sense relevant to the deal. Consider employment. AI can judge your work history, the company's pay scales, how likely you are to enjoy the work, how likely the company will survive during your employment, an incredible number of considerations that puny humans are clueless about. The AI would then negotiate an optimal package deal. My working title is Machines of Heartless Justice. (riff off a sixties poem) The key theme is, "Our tools may not love us, but they may bring us together."