Viewing posts 1 to 18
(+3)

Hey--

I've tried to rate two different games now, and both times it told me

Please check the information you provided
no score for Writing [MAIN CATEGORY - Score out of 5]

Anyone else having this problem?

Submitted

No. I haven't played any yet. Make sure that you've given a score in that category. You must select 1 to 5 stars. It can't be zero stars.

Jam Host

Yup - have a look at the info about rating on the main jam page. You can't give 0 stars (itch's error, not ours!) So use 1-5 stars in the main categories (which apply to all games) and use 1 as 'not applicable' in supplementary categories where they don't apply to the game you're rating.

Sorry I wasn't clear: what I meant was that I got that message even though I had selected a rating for Writing (and everything else).

Jam Host (1 edit)

Ah yes, I think I've experienced that before. I think it's just itch's system being rubbish. I'll ask them to fix it.

(+1)

I have this problem too, the first time it told me to complete the captcha, which I did, and when submitting the second time it told me I have no score for Writing.

Submitted

Same problem, I tried on different browsers (safari, chrome, edge) but nothing seems to work…

Same  problem here too. I gave 1-5 stars in every category but when submitting I got message that I didn't rate Writing (although I did rate it). I can save my ratings in any way.

Submitted

Same here. It looks like the reason there are no ratings posted is that no one can rate any games!

Submitted

I had a similar report in a Facebook group. Same symptoms, except that it spat the dummy on the Story category.

It looks like everyone will be a winner with a rating of zero. You'd better get some more of those brass lanterns.

Is someone fixing this? Because if it doesn't get fixed no one can vote. 

Screenshot:

Jam Host (1 edit) (+1)

I've contacted the admin and ask them to fix it! Will let you all know when this is fixed. 

If it isn't fixed then we might have to give everyone a lamp!

Thanks! Hope this gets fixed soon.

Submitted

I imagine this is really frustrating for you. But on the bright side, it should be cool to see a lot of votes flooding in at once. I'll do my best to add to that.

Deleted 1 year ago
Jam Host

I'd need something more definite, like a plague of frogs, before I could draw that sort of conclusion.

Deleted 1 year ago
Host

Still a problem!  Oouch! :(

The ranking system is not allowing an edit since the ranking period has started. I am going to contact itch support. 

Submitted(+2)

In the meantime, can I suggest that everyone keeps their rankings on a spreadsheet or a sheet of paper? This is actually a good idea anyway, because you can ensure that your rankings for each game look fair relative to the other games and you can submit them all in one go. At least that's what I always do.

Just tried my first game, and reporting that I have the same problem as many others. Select my scores for every option and get this as a result:

Please check the information you provided

• no score for Writing [MAIN CATEGORY - Score out of 5]

You have unsaved changes!

So ratings are still not AFAIK saving reliably.

Jam Host

Yes, it's definitely broken! I have contacted itch admin but they're yet to reply.

Deleted 1 year ago
Submitted

itch.io support is always unresponsive.

Deleted 1 year ago

It seems that ratings are coming in now. Should we go ahead and rate or would you prefer that we wait?

Submitted(+1)

The system has finally became self-conscious and is voting alone, leading the humanity to its destruction.

We all knew that this was only a matter of time.

Jam Host

Vote, vote, vote now!

Submitted

And left comments, don't be shy!