yo! i'm e. this is technically not the first game ive ever made, i made a little twine game last year for my creative writing thesis (u can play it here!), but i wanted to try to make something a little more complicated. this devlog is gonna be kind of bare bones for right now but i wanted to keep my thoughts organized. anyway. i'll be trying out adventure game studio!
- self contained - single environment - fluid environment? - something like a sleepover
- character relationships - each prsn triggers a scene/convo - convos as 'boss battles'/challenges to overcome
- 'mundane magic' kinda feeling the idea of having everyone be magical girls/superheroes but only ever have it referenced in passing?
- what can we do w/an adventure/point and click mechanic
- // there was always someone in my friend group who was sort of on the 'outs', who we were super eager to cast aside and ostracize. friend groups are very fickle.
- have which character you control change depending on who you talk to at what time (tbh..think homestuck act 6 haha)
working off my betta girl character designs
very very rough notes
HM teal- the unambigous leader of the group, even if she genuinely doesn't give a shit about anything.
RT - HM's right hand, protective and messy and a little bit mean.
VT - easily distractable, easily put off
CT blue - vice leader. sometimes it seems like she doesn't care, either, but she's the most sincere of the group.
CT yellow - the weakest link, but she tries the hardest.
HM grey - her lack of interest compensates for the CT's over-sincerity, but she always does her share of the work without question.
still in the process of figuring out everything else.