Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[devlog] My Special Little Flower (cw: contains bunch of big gifs)

A topic by nadia nova created Jan 03, 2016 Views: 2,444 Replies: 43
Viewing posts 13 to 32 of 32 · Previous page · First page
Submitted (2 edits) (+2)

random plantkind art my gf drew some time ago before i even had this game project in my mind :D i'm gonna add them in the game sitting somewhere together
Submitted (2 edits)

inventory and using items: DONE

so yeah you can like collect plants and berries and everything on your journey and use them to either get a power up activation to get past obstacles, just gain back some lost health with or maybe you just really like chili :>

chili, gives you the ability to shoot fireballs to burn down plant obstacles.

rubbertree seed: makes you rubbery and lets you jump higher!

aloe vera: gives you some health back

goji berries: gives you a lot of health back!

and more to come :>

Submitted (1 edit) (+2)

whoa be careful that boar might crush you, oh nvm u can just jump over it and punish it after it stuns itself....

Pixel art looks gorgeous! Excited to see where this goes!

HostSubmitted

oh my gosh you have so many animations and they're all so charming!! also cute art omg... i love this project so much :3c

I love this it's so cute.. gay goilfriends 10/10 :'''^) I'm def gonna play this

oh my, it's looking beautiful *w*

Submitted (2 edits)

down the hole you go!!

i made an imgur album so i dont fill this page with all my gifs if someone has slow internet connection

click here

i actually made a quest today like the first little quest in the nature!

there are gonna be smaller ones in the town tho but yeah im gonna do those later :D

... so yeah wormspiders are totally gross, thankfully quite weak... but thats accebtable cause there are many of them

eww

HostSubmitted

omg!!!! this looks sooo incredible with the backgrounds!! i love this game so so much ;;o;; !!

Submitted (3 edits) (+1)

jump on objects and trees and everything???

little talk with the ladycow

HOUSE ENTERING + ITEM INTERACTIONG

secret waterfall cave!!!

devlog day 5:

so yeah basically ive done the sketch and basis of the town now i just need to add npc interaction and the main quest storyline... and yeah? im gonna smooth up the graphics closer to deadline if i have free time even now i spent way too long trying to make the art look even decent lol its a lot of work to create a map with no tilesets and just draw everything lol... kinda late to change it so im just gonna go w/ it

Submitted (1 edit)

so yeah i made a hud! i removed the extra item slots like at no part the game needs you to have even 2 item slots to beat the game so lol i made it bit easier so you dont just stock up on health things and freemode every boss lol

also like i added a boss today? remember those weird wormspiders? well yeah you find their queen.

i also added a new small platform puzzle and yeah the game is going forward pretty nicely. somehow i keep panicking that i'm about to run out of time and and like i feel like i'm never going to make it but then i realize i still have over half of the time of the jam to do the rest of the game and my game is getting already playable at this point heh!

i also did some general code changing to have global health and you can move from stage to stage w/ out resetting major game events every time lol and yeah A LOT of map drawings hehe! my game also has sounds now they remind me from good old runescape07 and my gf made a track for my game, they're going to make some more and i will hopefully have some nice simple tunes accompanying the player on the adventure.

HostSubmitted

this is such a neat gui!! it fits so well with your game's world + aesthetic!!

Submitted

Ahhh this is looking so cute! Great job on the backgrounds!

Submitted

Looks charmingly cute! great work with the backgrounds and sprites!

Submitted (1 edit)

Help out a nice turtle and she will help you over the river so you can continue your adventure! :>

I've added few more bosses, made few quests, added a lot of sounds, made my inventory work differently, built the powerup system and generally just polished the code everywhere I could. I have a lot of work to do with the graphics.

I feel like I only need to do few more areas and the boss fight and my game is getting pretty close to done!

Submitted

help i am running out of time lol

ive spent last few days doing minimal work because low spoons and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i have done the core of the game but im missing the most important parts which are the start of the game and end of the game lol im 100% sure im gonna be releasing this with unfinished art cause its rly unfinished rn lol

Submitted (1 edit)

surprisingly i have not yet broken down and just given up on trying to get this on deadline!

im once again feeling positive that i can make it! tho with unpolished art but thats not that important :D

basically only thing im missing is the bunch of dialogue from villagers, one small little quest that lets us go out and start our adventure and then the very end of the game, i did the boss, so basically what happens after the boss is dead. oh yeah also music is still missing lol :D

thank you for all the nice words you all really have helped me pull through w/ this project!

i LOVE THIS!!!!!! the characters are so adorable and i love the style!! i super love that mole enemy!!!!!!!!

Submitted

thank you! hehe he is like the second hardest boss in the game :v i have to keep nerfing that lil bastard and he is still so strong lol

Submitted

Wow, I finished it!!!! Like now you can play the game from start to finish! I just need to polish the art tomorrow and yeah...! Maybe add some NPCs if I have time lol!

Submitted(+1)

my game is now released cause like i have no spoons to continue with this anymore. i will make a new release in the future whenever that time is i will try and share it w/ everyone

please give feedback

http://littanana.itch.io/my-special-little-flower

Viewing posts 13 to 32 of 32 · Previous page · First page