I've never properly made a devlog before but I wanna give it a try!
The Idea I have in mind so far for the game is the player is dreaming and the characters/story that appear in the dream you get to create!
To be honest such an idea is quuuuiite a long shot. The main thing I just want to accomplish during this game jam is just to figure out how to do custom characterization in Unity so if my lil story idea doesn't work I'll be happy with just being able to get this to work and finishing it for the game jam ;v; ( I mean who doesn't like character customization in games. It'll definitely be helpful for the future!)
Checklist for the game (so far):
- Cute song for the game
- Draw 10 facial expressions
- Draw 7 hair styles
- Draw 10 tops
- Draw 10 bottoms
- Draw 5 shoes
- Program arrows to change clothes n etc.
- Program choice options(Like how it is in Ren'py)
- Make sure the text works right!! And doesn't glitch things out
- Let players name the characters in the story
- Make a pause screen(Stretch goal tbh)
- Randomizer(stretch goal)
- Add more clothes/hair styles/etc. (Stretch goal)
- Draw 10 accessories (stretch goal)