Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How is progress on your game?

A topic by Deadstay created Sep 21, 2023 Views: 412 Replies: 11
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Submitted(+2)

^ Here's my progress on my game ^

I had just started working on a game on Godot yesterday and I had made some pretty good progress as of right now, and I am interested in your guy's games as well.

(+1)

Looking good. Im working on a turn based game using Godot. Its kind of a remake of a game I have already made in unity

My partner and I just swapped to Love2D from Gameboy Studio the other day, we've been just brainstorming.  My partner is finishing their GBS game while we slowly look over APIs.

(1 edit)

I'm poking Godot and testing tossing some literal numbers around in VR.  No idea where this goes yet, doing all the tweak things required for controls and grabbing things in VR physics land.  Hoping to make some kind of puzzle game using the theme, but learning VR in a new engine is rough.  It's close to Unity, my old engine, but different enough and without my big asset scripts pool I would normally smash things together with.  I feel like a noob again, lol.

(+1)

I made some bees! It's the first time I am doing code so DarkGriffin has been helping me. I now just need to add a bit more and make them look like bees but I'm normally an artist so that should be the easy part.

I'm working on warioware-esque minigame collection in Godot. I got a little too into the art direction though so need to actually start making the game.

Yo off topic but what happened with your chameleon demo you had? It is pretty cool.

Thanks for the question - and sorry for the delay! I pulled it down as I wasn't really planning on working on it in the short-term.  

What did you find interesting about it?

The chameleon model and the way it stuck to objects. Is it open source by any chance?

Submitted (3 edits)

Here’s my progress, not as far as I would like but I’m starting to get cozy with the godot engine

you can also watch the game progress over at youtube.com/@tobycollier

Submitted

I'm having lots of fun!

We’re just getting started but we’ve covered the basics of making an FPS in Flax Engine:

• Base movement systems
  • Design doc
  • Mapping tools (Trenchbroom -> Blender -> Flax)
  • GUI scripting/design and UI event handling
  • Some incredibly tasty music

We’re running a little late to the starting line but I’m having a blast.