Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How do you decide what games to try?

A topic by Em Kyla created Nov 30, 2021 Views: 333 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted(+1)

I'm seeing all the submissions and I'm feeling a bit bad/sad cause I want to try everything and give everything submitted a fair shot. I calculated that if I gave every game here so far at least five minutes of time (based on my game taking about that long to complete). It would take nearly 12 hours. and there are three days to rate things.

This is my first jam and I want to be a good participant, so how does everyone choose what other submissions to give their time to?
Do you try to give everything just a little bit and perhaps see what grabs you? Veto certain things based on immediate factors? pick things that stand out in their info page or thumbnail? or some other strategy? 

Thanks for your time and thoughts!

Submitted(+2)

Last jam, I started by playing whatever caught my eye and after that went for the ones with least votes, so that every game is played. 

Host(+1)

You can also check the livestreams done by our hosts. See if there is something you like and play that.

Submitted(+1)

I also just noticed there is a "submissions in need of ratings" button, in the submission list, which is a good way to see unrated games

Submitted(+1)

This is my first jam and I want to be a good participant,

A very admirable quality! :)

I appreciate you sharing how you were feeling about this given it's your first jam.

So wanted to say I thought it was a great idea to ask for suggestions on how other people approach it, as I imagine you're not the only person feeling this way. :D

Have fun!

Submitted(+1)

It's getting near the end of my day so I finally get to start actually playing some games, so I am!

You have fun as well :)

Submitted(+1)

Idk but I'll definitely play your game now

Submitted(+1)

I wish I could play every single one, I mean it's not fair and I feel kind of bad by choosing which one deserve my attention more or less. I think I will pick up by random or something like that, also give my game a try everyone! :D

Submitted(+1)

I just did! It's definitely worth everyone's time to give it a try!

Submitted(+1)

Thank you, your feedback was great! :)

Submitted(+3)

Dang, I saw you in every submission comment section, which I checked out. We need more people like you.

Submitted(+2)

thanks, i basically want to make sure i get good feedback so i imagine others would like that too. just wish i had time for everything lol.

Submitted(+3)

Sort by most karma. To my knowledge, it shows submissions, whose authors are the most active in voting (or community in general, not sure). Which is a great way to reward those who participate actively.

Submitted(+1)

My intention is to play and rate as many games as possible, hopefully the entire submission list but that might be a stretch.

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

i personally focused on rating games just in the ‘Submissions in need of ratings’ list. i can’t rate much since there’s so many games but so few time, so i decided to rate just the games that need ratings the most.