Play gameVisit Turbo Phoenix Overdrive's game page
Ranked from 3 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
How does your submission match the theme?
- Powering the car has multiple effects:
- Pressing A (or Left Mouse Button) controls both the lights on the car and the wheels. Driving fast is hard, but it's the only way to see ahead of you.
- The power also overtakes the wheels briefly, skidding the car for sharp turns.
- Releasing A hits the brakes, stopping you quickly.
- "Gearing up" (tapping A four times) will activate the Phoenix Overdrive
- The Parts pickup has a few effects, and effectively turns your HP into currency:
- Add one to HP
- Slows car. The idea is that Parts are bolted on to the car as armor, but we didn't have time to implement the visual effect, or the car model for that matter *shrug*.
- Can be used to activate the Phoenix Overdrive, trading safety for speed and power.
- Visual Studio Community 2015
- Unity Post Processing stack
- Ableton Live
- Spline implementation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9RK6O2kOKo&t=2151s
- Texture Resources:
- http://texturemate.com/content/free-asphalt-texture-20102010-001 (texturemate license, royalty-free)
- Sound Resources:
- sonniss.com (Free GDC Game Audio Bundle)
- http://freesound.org/people/sevenbsb/sounds/349398/ (CC0)
- http://freesound.org/people/OfItAll/sounds/244229/ (CC0)
- http://freesound.org/people/RutgerMuller/sounds/104026/ (CC0)
- http://freesound.org/people/beatmad/sounds/201936/ (CC0)
- https://www.fontspring.com/fonts/fontfabric/intro-rust-free (Free license)
- Zak Reynolds (implementation, game design, 3d modeling, texturing)
- Clint Glenn (sound design, game design)
- Rachel Spadi (moral support, design, food)
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.