Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

First game jam - completed!

A topic by itaypoo created Aug 24, 2020 Views: 256 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+1)

This was my first game jam! Im pretty satisfied with what I created, though its a bit lacking in some places. I had way less time then I thought I had! these jams go by quick, huh?

Always wanted to participate in a jam, saw this one as the perfect opertunity. 

By the way, I would really appriciate feedback on my game!

Submitted

It was mine too! Congrats on getting something finished!

Submitted

Thanks! you too :P

Submitted

Congrats! It was my first too and proud of what I submitted. Now thinking about all stuff that i could have added, but did not in fear of the time.

Submitted

Congratulations! Same here, learned so much and had lots of fun :-)

Submitted

Congrats!  

Same here.  There was so much I wanted to add, but didn't have the time to.  Like, you know, art.  There's an old adage for writers: "A book is never finished, only published."  It seems to be the same for games.  

Submitted

congrats on getting finished

Game jams are all about having fun and enjoying and also getting satisfied with what you are making whether its weird or good.

great Job

Submitted (1 edit)

I was going to wait until next year for jams to try and get some experience building assets first, but i'm very glad i didn't. It's different looking through what people made after joining in. The games feel better with a sense of community in them.

Submitted

Was my first game jam too (made games before for university, but never just for fun or in the context of a jam.

Didn't get it in a state I'm comfortable with, but it's a nice proof of concept at least ^^ (which kinda is the point of a game jam I guess).

Were you working in a team or also doing yours alone too?