Storywise I don't want every battle to be replayable because if enemy disappears or similar in the next scene.
Yeah, makes sense, I didn't think that far ahead ^^'
Recent community posts
I guess highlighting a field for a second slightly when it's correct would make it too easy, right?
Edit: As in when the note plays actually plays, not when you walk on it (the latter would be faaar too easy)
Would be nice if the last 2 bosses were replayable too.
Good to hear you mention this! Did you want to fight them several times or another reason?
Since there is the option for the first two it just felt weird not to be able to do it with the other two ^^
Could be interesting for people who want to finish a boss without getting hit for example. They probably don't want to replay the whole game to get there again (sure, not saving after the boss would work too, but would still be nice to be easily accessable in some way too)
Sometimes floor tiles are visible in non-reachable areas (so they should probably be blacked out). On example of this is visible when you are in the room with white face and look at the bottom right of the screen.
I am not sure why this is a problem thou?
Just feels a bit out of place. Nothing major, but it looks more polished imo if it's "cleaned up".
If you haven't played the game yet don't read through this (minor spoilers)
Just played through the game (on medium difficulty) and here are my thoughts on the game and a few things I noticed:
- Really like the idea of the game and the difficulty curve felt relatively fair too for a more or less hard game. First time I died was during the disco fight (first "red wave").
- Sometimes it felt like I should have gotten hit, and at other times it felt like I got hit when I shouldn't (Probably just my "bias" though, so no worry. It certainly isn't inconsistent by code etc., just wanted to mention it anways)
- You should really tone down those flashing colors in the last fight. It was the only time where I felt irritated/got a headache, and it wouldn't feel like something is missing if the second of flashing colors weren't there.
- Maybe you could add a setting for "text speed", since it really felt rather slow in certain situations (I'm not somebody who skips text btw. but it is just too slow for me in general)
- Would be nice if the last 2 bosses were replayable too.
For the disco boss you could maybe add an option to get a drink from the bar and give it to him so he is powered up again.
Not sure how to do the last boss again (maybe by going back into the hole.
- Btw. are the brown spots in the disco something special or just some beverage puddles?
A few "bugs" I found where the following:
- If you go back to the start you see your broken body and the thief. Keep in mind that this happened when I went back to the start after the last boss (no idea if it happens earlier too).
- It is also possible to stand "on" the disco boss (doesn't seem intended since his lower body has a hitbox, but his upper body doesn't)
- After you talk to the white mask the music disappears until you re-enter the disco. Maybe make it so that the music stops after talking with it, but the music reappears as soon as you enter the room with the dance floor again.
- Sometimes floor tiles are visible in non-reachable areas (so they should probably be blacked out). On example of this is visible when you are in the room with white face and look at the bottom right of the screen.
I think that's about all I wanted to say. Really good game and I look forward to see how this game is going to develop ^^.