Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How's everyone doing?

A topic by Garry Francis created Sep 07, 2019 Views: 134 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 6
Submitted

How's everyone progressing? I've pretty much finished the coding. My game is very simple, but there's some fancy stuff going on behind the scenes. I'm really happy with the results so far. I just have to do some tidying up, sort out colours, add some random background events in one location, maybe add some more scoring, add synonyms for verbs, add some non-essential verbs and lots of testing. I've already played it through so many times that I'm sick of it. A minimum-move solution is around 40 moves.

Hmm, now that I've listed all those things, I realise that my coding is nowhere near finished! Anyway, onto the graphics. I'll finish the coding later.

I'd like to send out a very big THANK YOU to all the people here who helped me out with my many questions, especially Chris for the Adventuron upgrades as we've been working our way through this. I imagine he's been a very busy boy recently.

As I write this, 34 people have joined the jam so far, and we have our first submission, but very few people have been participating in the community. I'd really like to know how you're all getting on. Don't be shy! Are you still working on it or have you given up...or maybe never started?

Incidentally, I noticed that the submission date has been extended to 23 September. It was originally 15 September. That gives us an extra week. Hooray!

Submitted

Mine is doing pretty well. It's not that simple but isn't that complex either. I think the code will be finished in 2 or 3 days and hopefully i'll have enough time for drawing pics and making the game prettier

(+1)

I'm concentrating on the pics first. From past experience, that's what takes the most time.

(+1)

Your latest 'trail to the cottage' picture is very nice. 

Cheers!

Submitted

I keep thinking I'm getting close to finishing, then add more features. I think I'll end up with a complicated game. All the rooms are fully described now. I've completed art and coding on 5/10 of the rooms. Just got to keep plugging away!

Submitted

I'm really looking forward to playing everyone's! Unfortunately I had to rush mine a little since I won't have access to a computer for the next 2 weeks, but I had a great time making it. :D

Host

You did really well in such a short amount of time. Love the bright vibrant art style.  Thanks for helping me with the save game corruption issues yesterday. Nice to get that one fixed before it would affect others. Have a lovely holiday.

Host

Hey Garrry. Glad you are enjoying yourself, and I do feel sympathy for you having to put up with some of the issues in Adventuron that are clearly not issues with Inform. I think having a sociable way to build these games makes all the difference to motivation, and perhaps there is some fun in working around limitations too.