Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

What are your ideas!

A topic by Fari RPGs (René-Pier Deshaies) created Apr 26, 2022 Views: 321 Replies: 12
Viewing posts 1 to 13
HostSubmitted (1 edit)

I want to know, what are your ideas for the jam? Do you already have something in mind or are still waiting for inspiration to strike ?

On my end, I want to make a solo sci-fi game of survival and exploration!

Submitted(+1)

We’re designing a sci-fi subterranean horror game. Scientists in exo-suits. A portal consumed the core of our planet and while the cracks to the surface are letting them out, we will make our way in.

(+2)

Three ideas, all generally small, so I might do all of them!

Summer Slasher Movie, with the players trying to survive and discover the truth/a way to escape.

Battle Royale, where even if you die you can carry on as a different character.

Space Outlaws just trying to do jobs and get by.

I've also created various minor mechanics for these ideas, and I'll bundle those together as well and try to release that first so other people can use them if they want!

(+3)

The game idea I have at the moment is something set in the antarctic or maybe an ice planet, where the player/players need to get from point A to Point B before succumbing to the cold or the hidden creature that lurks out there in the dark and snow.

(+2)

If I could attend:

Idea One:
An Super Hero Game where you play the last part/episode of an saga/phase/series.  Everything that was before (threats before, origin story etc.), will be created together on the "table". Also the current threat itself could be created together. You will be on the last Part of it! How will the world sees you after that? (Rumors? Press? Social Media? Podcasts?)

Mechanic Ideas: Super Powers, "Hearsays"/Social Media/Collateral Damage, "Flashbacks" and "Mook Fighting" without only say "I KICK THEM ALL!" *throw dices*

------

Idea Two:

Emulating Hack and Slay Fantasy Game ^^' Need an good "Mook Fightig"-Mechanic and how an story could be done in that kind of game :D
(Inspired by "Children of Morta")

HostSubmitted

Wow all of those sound so freaking cool. I just want to play them all 👀

Submitted(+1)

Dig Two Graves - You died a terrible, violent death and have risen from your grave. Rampage across an urban hellhole without succumbing to the pointlessness of it all. Clearly inspired by the Crow. 

Submitted(+1)

I think I'm jumping in?! Ore a horror game of outer space mining. Not an uncrowded field but this take would emphasize the temptation to mine in dangerous places (thus taking on risk and wearing down your dice to gain Credits) against the characters' individual (crushing) debt ... with a random interest hike rolls to ratchet up said debt if they aren't pulling in a high enough yield! Want to mess a bit with the core expectation of being able to 'catch your breath' by making oxygen supply a crucial and often endangered resource (and removing oxygen entirely if your session runs over its stated limit)!

Mine for iron, mine for diamonds, skim H3 from gas giants, drill ambergris out of space whales...all for the sake of someone else's profit!

HostSubmitted

Ryan this idea looks amazing. I love this concept so much!

Submitted(+1)

The phrase 'stern chase' keeps popping into my head. There are a few ideas under that umbrella though. It could be a group trying to escape from behind enemy lines as their pursuers close in, or a ship (sea or space) trying to ourtun some pursuit or reach some objective before it's too late.

Either way, the Pressure clock mechanic from Band of Blades is hovering nearby. Whether or not there will also be a time clock will depend on what premise I go with. If there's an objective other than "Stay Ahead of Pursuers", that could be where it pops in.

I'm planning on an 80's slasher movie game where the players play as the killer. You have to try to slash all the naughty teens before they figure out a way to stop you.

Submitted(+1)

You already know but i'll answer for the rest of the community!

I'm working solo on a This is Breathless game called Crank It Up based on the 2006 movie called Crank and its sequel Crank: High Voltage. Basically, you have to keep you adrenaline level as high as possible and in any possible way to keep yourself from dying.

The question is: Are you going to die as a f*cking loser or as a hero?

This is going to be a wild ride!

Submitted(+1)

My game is called "Substitution" and it's inspired by the television show "Travelers". You play time travelers from the future who take over minds of people in the present and try to prevent the apocalypse.