Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

LAILA[DEVLOG]

A topic by meganinja223 created Aug 05, 2020 Views: 208 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted (1 edit)

Hello once again everyone. Almost finishing my game and now I wanna come here and show to you an unfinished version of it.

In this game you control Laila(also the name of the game), a young girl with powers to rewind time on objects.  The story is really simple: Someone has captured our main protagonist and this person wants her to rewind VHS tapes so he/she can open a blockbuster and make VHS tapes a thing once again(don't ask me why, I still have 2 days to make a better story).

If possible, I would like more people to test the game and give feedback so here is the link:

https://meganinja223.itch.io/laila

Password: laila

I can test your game if you want too, just send me the link.

Right now I'm working on audio and SFX. For me is the worst thing because I'm horrible with sound effects and implementing this on script but I'm doing my best here. There is still some adjustments to do but I would love any feedback right now.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Feel free to test the game if you want.

Submitted(+1)

Pretty neat! I like it :)

Submitted

Thx mate, did you have any problems understanding the mechanics?

Submitted

No, although I ran out of energy the first time there was a lot of platforms to move ;) I think it was pretty clear :)

Deleted post
Submitted

Oh that is weird? Is there anything running in the background?Did you tried again?

Deleted post
Submitted

That's really odd, maybe is something on unity configs. Still not used to building webgl games. But thanks for noticing

Submitted

awesome game! really like the mechanics :)

Submitted

the idea is excellent and it's nice to play, the only problem for me is that the download of the pink time bar is different. for different levels i think you use different download times then it gets the player confused.
Another thing is that it is better to play with the view of the E key than the close one, since it gives me more vision of the platforms.
I do not want to make it seem that everything is wrong, in fact it is very fun and better than the game I am developing, I just want to give my opinion
postscript: if you don't understand something, I don't speak English and this is directly from the google translator :)
Submitted

Thanks for the feedback.  Exactly, I put different "mana costs" on objects. It gave me more possibilities to make puzzles but even I thought it would confuse the player. I'm gonna see what I can do.

My friend also told me that playing with the secondary camera is better, gonna polish this today! No problem my friend, thanks for everything.

One problem, on the introductory level for the linked boxes. If you push the pink block after you rewind it, the purple one vanishes.

Submitted

oh really? Gonna check that today, thank you so much!

It's great! played through the first few levels and it was a nice experience if a bit tough to guess the jumps with my laggy internet. Awesome job!

Submitted

Hey man, thank you so much!