Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Online multiplayer?

A topic by buhubuhu created Aug 02, 2020 Views: 536 Replies: 17
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

What you guys think? I have idea for a competitive online multiplayer game. Game will be quite simple but it will require two players to play. 

Do you think its good idea to make it or it will be a waste of time because game will never get enough ratings (nobody will find match - not enough people)

Submitted(+1)

No offense but introverts like me have no friends to play with :(

Submitted

you just press play and wait for opponent like every other online multiplayer game. You dont need friends for that.

Submitted(+1)(-1)

I think it's a good idea but i would also add a way to play single player

Submitted(+1)(-1)

Maybe I will do that... If I find enough time :(

yeah I think you sould a a way to play single player

Submitted

I will play with you if you manage to finish it but that might be cheating. 

Submitted

That would be fun, but depending on what engine you're using, you're going to have to pay money in order to activate the online server.

Submitted

not really. On PUN2 i can have 20 players connected for free. I dont expect having more than 20 at the same time :)

Submitted

Great, than make an online multiplayer

Submitted

I'm curious, when you create a page for your game tell me and I'll keep an eye on it

Submitted
Deleted 3 years ago
Submitted

https://bigreengames.itch.io/blockyjump

Ok... Looks like its working. You can test it if you want :)

Submitted(+1)

Unfortunately no one was online when I tried, but I tried the survival mode. It's interesting, it needs some more actions, especially when you stay near the top there are very few enemies. Maybe you could add some spikes there, to encourage players to remain in the middle

Submitted

that is cool idea. I have some time left, will add it. Maybe less time between enemy spawns too. Thanks for your feedback. :)

About multiplayer. I hope when ratings begin there will be some people... but when I test it with my friend it seams laggy sometimes. I guess going with websockets was a bad idea. I should make standalone build... Too late for that unfortunately :(

Submitted

I added spikes at the top, increase enemy spawn rate and add slippery undestructable platform.
Thanks for your help :)

Submitted(+1)

Hi, I just want to say that it looks amazing, and the sounds are the greatest sound effects I have ever seen in any game, period. But I am not really sure where the theme is in it, maybe I missed something. I was really confused, maybe you could add some more in depth explanations either in the game or in the itch page?

Submitted

bulb bulb bulb? Thanks, I worked really hard on sounds xD

About the theme - you can find some twisted logic in lowering water level, it may count as rewind but I have to say I don't really care about the theme. It's my third Brackeys Jam, I never followed the theme, every time I try to challenge myself in different subject. This time it was networking and my goal was to create working online multiplayer game. Sorry if I dissapoint you. :) 

Submitted

Oh, no I didn't get disappointed, I was just confused a bit.