Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Question Regarding Submission

A topic by Burnerknight Studios created Mar 12, 2021 Views: 521 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

Can I submit my game early and then update the build before my deadline? Or do project edits end as soon as I submit to the jam?

HostSubmitted

You can submit early and update before the deadline. You can even submit small fixes after the deadline but make sure to keep the original 7drl version entry around for the jurors' reference.

Submitted

Excellent, thanks!

Submitted

How long does the original submission have to stay up? Assuming I get something submittable, I've got the bones of something I want to keep working on.

HostSubmitted

Normally the review commiittee takes about 3 to 4 months to review the entries, so it's recommended to keep the original 7DRL version at least for that long.

Submitted

Thanks. I'll figure something out.

Submitted (1 edit)

I also have browser game and I created a launching screen where you can decide to launch a version with critical bug fixes, the original submitted version (including bugs) or an updated version beyond 7DRL

Submitted

OK, follow-up question. I've marked my submission as "incomplete" even though it's playable, because it's missing a lot from my original goals. Do "incomplete" entries get reviews, or only "success"es?

Jam Host

Only successes get reviewed. You should consider if what you have is playable enough to mark complete for the purposes of reviewing.

Submitted

OK, I'll revise it to a "success", because there is a complete (if buggy) game in there, and I'm curious as to what will be most heavily criticised,

Submitted

Hello,

I have question regarding submission.

I am from Latvia and the date is now, 13.03.2021., time 22:10, how much time does that leave me for submission ?

Jam Host

168 hours from whenever you started.

Submitted

Thank you for getting back to me.

I might be a little lost here.

It says:

"

• You have max 7 consecutive days to work in your game.
  • The date you pick to start working must be between March 6 and March 14 in your local time.
  • If you start on or after March 8, you'll have less than 7 days.

"

What is understood by "start" ? Is the final deadline March 14. 00:00 ?

Jam JudgeSubmitted

Basically you can pick any 168 consecutive hours in the windows that goes from March 6 to March 14.

Let's say you start at 0.00 on March 6, your deadline is 23.59 March 13. If you start after 0.00 March 8 you'll have less than 7 days [or less than 168 hours] because March 14 deadline is the end of the challenge anyway.

Submitted

I see, thank you.