Honestly, this game blew my expectations out of the water. I had played it for a good 4 hours, and ended up becoming pretty good(or, I think I did at least).
The fact that the game is an alpha demo, and it's this polished, is incredible.
The guns feel great to shoot, and the variety makes everything feel more exciting.
With all that said, I suggest the following:
- Getting all the coins really feels like a grind. This might be a side effect of the game having 7 levels, but I still think getting coins without the Lucky Coin ability seems pretty rare. You could alternatively add like pouches of coins, which are rarer, but offer more coins. Gives a little diversity in the coins then.
- Some better music, possibly multiple music pieces. Gonna be honest, the music was nice at first, but got old by the time I beat the 2nd stage, so thanks for adding the audio settings to turn that down.
- Maybe have some slight camera shake when the Plasma Gun is fully charged.
- It would be nice if you could hold down & space to drop through multiple platforms. having to hit space a bunch stops you in your track for a split second, and that's enough time for some bullet/enemy to hit you.
- I had never used the dash roll once. Maybe it would've helped me, but I found other ways around to get out of tight scenarios. Ex.) The Shotgun.
- The movement feels solid. There was never a time where I was like, "Ah man, I hit that key though! I shouldn't have died!"
- I really like the reloading in this game. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay too much, but when it does effect it, you notice it, and I love that. The animations, and the sounds are cool too. I like just spamming the reload button to hear and see it.
I'm really excited to see the future of this project!
By the way, I'm assuming this is a decent score? I had recorded myself playing in Equipped mode with possibly the best loadout I could have. Might even be overpowered in some aspects.