Hey, I tested out what you have so far, and I'm certainly enjoying the art!
I would like to give my thoughts and suggestions on a few things, though.
- When you pick up the sword with LMB, you should have the inventory boxes light up a little, to give indication to the player that he/she can put it there. When I had played, I thought I had to have the sword in my hand by holding LMB and then pressing the RMB.
- Fix the depth issue with the inventory boxes. Right now, as I drag the sword over the boxes, the sword is actually shown beyond the inventory box.
- The trees hitboxes/masks seem a little ridiculous, but that could just be me.
- If the items are dropped behind trees, maybe you could fade the tree out so the player can see it? Or add some glow effect to it?
- I think it'd look good if, when you hovered over an object, you'd be able to tell if you could pick it up. For example: right now, I can't pick up my sword because it's dependent on distance. But maybe you can add something to let the player know that they need to get closer.
That's really all I can give feedback on right now, it's a good start though, and I'm looking forward to it!