Tim has written up another blog post mostly about the on-going charity tournament. Take a look here: http://antihero-game.com/antihero-charity-tournament/
Recent community posts
Good info! I've found that there are quite a few differences once you get to turn 3 against humans and the maps do play a large role in what happens too.
Economy is a thing I feel like a lot of people take a while to learn and Antihero is more akin to an RTS in that fact. Good points here for sure!
We're proud to share that our Steam Pre-Order is now live - meaning we're getting closer and closer to launch. You'll notice our Steam Pre-Order includes a free Master Thief Pack as part of that pre-order. Just wanted to confirm here, that when we release steam keys for our Itch.Io First Access players, you'll also get that content for free. You're also getting the added bonus of playing early, which is not an option on Steam.
To confirm, if you have purchased First Access here - you'll get the same Master Thief DLC pack as the Steam Pre-Order folks. We also have another surprise benefit of being in First Access, but we'll share that info once we get closer to launch.
Yep, we only have a small number of players so randomly finding one might be a pain right now. Showing # of players online might help with that and it's something we'll certainly think about adding in some shape or form!
Antihero Build 8 -- January 10, 2017
New experimental multiplayer mode: 'Live Match'.
(This is a real-time mode with turn timers and realtime chat and whatnot.)
This is truly experimental, so there may be all sorts of issues - but we'd love to get feedback, ideas, and comments on this way of playing Antihero!
Thanks for the feedback - and yea, we do like the idea of having the Theives having something unqiue about each one of them. It's an idea we have on our table, but not sure when we'll get to look at it.
Huge thanks for this feedback! Certainly appreciate you taking the time to both play and share this.
1) Agreed, something we need to look at to ensure fairness.
2) Also something we need more data to accurately determine what work's best. The maps and estate locations also greatly impact how the Gems/Paintings come in to play and when.
3) Agree to an extent, but nonetheless something we need to evaluate for fair play. If one person has a clear advantage to the bank, then the other play should have something on their side of the map to balance it out (in theory).
4) Urchins and Evicting -- This is an area I've been tinkering with as well, and it may well be the fact that evicting only currently works well when someone is way head. Like you said, maybe urchins should have this ability from the start or perhaps it's an upgrade in the skill tree. This is an area I'm particularly interested in exploring more as I find evicting a somewhat tedious task currently.
Thanks for the feedback - we should probably try to make this more consistent and more easily understandable.
Trap should function the same (lose whatever unit's turn hits the bomb). The tricky part here is that all units beside the Master Thief currently get stunned in place (whereas the master thief functions a bit differently and can still be moved around by other units).
Will let Tim chime in on your points below.
This is just a small maintenance release!
- Fixed an issue where fogged units would occasionally be visible for a few frames
- Fixed an issue where 'You have unused actions!' would display with no possible remaining actions
- Windows: building against Adobe AIR 23 to see if this fixes crash-to-desktop issues
Are you playing Skirmish or Multiplayer?
Any info on your crashes? We need details to try and figure out what you're experiencing. Are you on Windows or OSX? What were you doing when you had issues?
There are a number of game balance changes in this release, which means all multiplayer games had to be wiped. (This'll probably happen a few more times before release - thanks for your patience!)
- Thugs start with 1 health (down from 2)
- Strangefellows Level 2 gives +1 health to all Gangs AND Thugs
- Saboteurs no longer get the Safecracker burglary bonus
- Saboteurs no longer always land on a district's primary building, when scouting
- Triggering a trap loses 1 gold (down from 2)
- Players who are inactive in a multiplayer game for 2 days will get a notification
- Players who are inactive in a multiplayer game for 3 days will auto-resign the game
- It's now possible to resign games when it's not your turn\n" +
- The dock/taskbar icon will blink if your opponent submits their turn while the game is backgrounded
- Various UI and animation improvements
- Various AI improvements
- Fixed a crash when resubmitting a turn after a network failure
- Fixed a bug where exiting a game during turn submission would reset the turn
Thanks for playing Antihero! We'll see you in multiplayer.
We'd love to hear more about other player's thoughts on this too! We have an experimental mode that functions similar to what you are requesting, but I'll let Tim chime in with more info and details!
We'll likely be doing more on itch.io for a little while longer, but we will refocus on Steam before we do our official launch.
As a reminder, everyone who purchases the game here will get a steam key.
A roadmap is an interesting idea. We'll chat about it and see if/what we can share.
Huge thanks for the feedback! We're already working on several of these things and love the idea of some basic stat tracking. We're going to take a look and see what info we can get to track/display.