We'll be sharing our plans for the steam move soon. You'll be getting some awesome things for being part of our Itch.IO First Access!
This is a minor release that addresses balance issues and bugs.
All in-progress games have been wiped. (This will happen a few more times before launch -- as always, we really appreciate your patience and feedback.)
- "The Palace" - 2nd palace burglary requires 2 guard towers, rather than 3
- "The Palace" - for two-tower burglaries, both towers will be on opposite sides of the map
- "Poison Blade" costs 5 lanterns (up from 4)
- "The Hard Stuff" costs 5 lanterns (up from 4)
- Truant Officers cost 8 gold (up from 7)
- Fix a visual bug related to "Royal Riches" victory points
- AI improvements
- Minor UI improvements
As always, we appreciate your feedback!
Antihero Build 17 -- April 5, 2017
This is a major release that introduces a new multiplayer map, "The Palace"!
All in-progress games have been wiped. (This will happen a few more times before launch -- as always, we release appreciate your patience and feedback.)
- Killing a guard in a building your opponent has trapped now properly gives kill rewards (money and gang levels)
- Fixed an occasional crash caused by triggering a trap
- New master thieves no longer disappear when stunned
- Re-decorated the tutorial levels
Please let us know your thoughts on The Palace - is it fun, are the goals clear, does it feel balanced? - in the itch.io Antihero forums!
Good info! I've found that there are quite a few differences once you get to turn 3 against humans and the maps do play a large role in what happens too.
Economy is a thing I feel like a lot of people take a while to learn and Antihero is more akin to an RTS in that fact. Good points here for sure!
We're proud to share that our Steam Pre-Order is now live - meaning we're getting closer and closer to launch. You'll notice our Steam Pre-Order includes a free Master Thief Pack as part of that pre-order. Just wanted to confirm here, that when we release steam keys for our Itch.Io First Access players, you'll also get that content for free. You're also getting the added bonus of playing early, which is not an option on Steam.
To confirm, if you have purchased First Access here - you'll get the same Master Thief DLC pack as the Steam Pre-Order folks. We also have another surprise benefit of being in First Access, but we'll share that info once we get closer to launch.
Yep, we only have a small number of players so randomly finding one might be a pain right now. Showing # of players online might help with that and it's something we'll certainly think about adding in some shape or form!
Antihero Build 8 -- January 10, 2017
New experimental multiplayer mode: 'Live Match'.
(This is a real-time mode with turn timers and realtime chat and whatnot.)
This is truly experimental, so there may be all sorts of issues - but we'd love to get feedback, ideas, and comments on this way of playing Antihero!
Thanks for the feedback - and yea, we do like the idea of having the Theives having something unqiue about each one of them. It's an idea we have on our table, but not sure when we'll get to look at it.
Huge thanks for this feedback! Certainly appreciate you taking the time to both play and share this.
1) Agreed, something we need to look at to ensure fairness.
2) Also something we need more data to accurately determine what work's best. The maps and estate locations also greatly impact how the Gems/Paintings come in to play and when.
3) Agree to an extent, but nonetheless something we need to evaluate for fair play. If one person has a clear advantage to the bank, then the other play should have something on their side of the map to balance it out (in theory).
4) Urchins and Evicting -- This is an area I've been tinkering with as well, and it may well be the fact that evicting only currently works well when someone is way head. Like you said, maybe urchins should have this ability from the start or perhaps it's an upgrade in the skill tree. This is an area I'm particularly interested in exploring more as I find evicting a somewhat tedious task currently.
Thanks for the feedback - we should probably try to make this more consistent and more easily understandable.
Trap should function the same (lose whatever unit's turn hits the bomb). The tricky part here is that all units beside the Master Thief currently get stunned in place (whereas the master thief functions a bit differently and can still be moved around by other units).
Will let Tim chime in on your points below.
This is just a small maintenance release!