🤑 Indie game store🙌 Free games😂 Fun games😨 Horror games
👷 Game development🎨 Assets📚 Comics
🎉 Sales🎁 Bundles

LinleyH

22
Posts
32
Followers
A member registered 105 days ago · View creator page →

Game

Recent community posts

Thanks for the bug report - I think this might happen when you use build_process to build a process from a template that hasn't previously been locked, or maybe where it's been locked with a cheaper process. I'll look into it!

Cool :)

Thanks for your comments! It's always good to hear about people trying out autonomous mode :)

It should be possible to assign values to enums, and when I typed in the enum in your post it worked correctly (MSG_REQUEST_ESCORT was 500, etc.). Are you using the latest version (v1.3)? I don't remember there being a problem with enums in the earlier versions but it's possible that there was and I fixed it.

The game does use look-up tables for trig functions, although they're not as efficient as they could be. But the in-game instruction cost of calling these functions is just an arbitrary number; it doesn't map directly on to the performance cost of the game itself doing the calculations and I think if it was more accurate the trig functions would probably be much more expensive (especially atan2, which is quite complicated).

I agree that custom games could be improved - the problem, as always, is time! I'd like to get to it eventually, though.

It's still at a very early stage and I don't know if it will work, so it's a secret for now.

I think so, yeah. I am working on a new game, though :)

Replied to Vanilla in Tips & Guides

Libcirc-win-binary-v1.3 is the one you want. I don't know what the other one is, but if you start the game (or just open readme.txt) it should tell you the version number.

Replied to Vanilla in Tips & Guides

The update is mostly the debugger (the BC panel). The fixes were pretty minor (e.g. making some changes to one of the fonts).

Do you still have a file called msn.dat somewhere? If so, that has your progress. Put it in the same directory as the executable (Libcirc.exe).

That design looks okay, as long as you can point it in the right direction so the back doesn't get destroyed. 63% is a bit underpowered, though - you could try using a more powerful core (if you've unlocked the next one) and see if that makes it survive longer.

Replied to Vanilla in Tips & Guides

The replenish is low on the orange levels to require a different strategy - you need to use harvesters because it's not cost effective to build a new base at every well. It sounds like you're doing that, though.

Looking at your designs - it looks like the 3-armed base thing has interface objects on its core, which makes it vulnerable to enemies that shoot straight for the core. Maybe move them to the components on the ends - they will be vulnerable, but unless the enemies attack from all directions one or two of them should survive to protect the core.

The Warrior process has two problems. First, it's only 61% powered, so it will have problems using all of its objects at once. Try using a more powerful core (which will also make it more robust).

Second, the two components with just a move object and an interface object are weak points - they aren't protected by the process' interface, and if they are destroyed the rearmost components will also be lost. Maybe add new components to the side and move the interface/move objects there.

Yes, I'm going to upload a new version later today - the main change is a new integrated debugging system, although it has some other things as well.

I'll mostly reply in the other thread, but there is a windowed mode - open init.txt (using Notepad or whatever) and follow the instructions there.

Excellent! No worries.

That's the template file save option, which saves all templates in a binary format for multiplayer. Those need the .tf extension. If you download the latest version of the game (v1.2) it changes some things to make it clearer how you're suppose to save and load the processes.

Have you tried saving using the editor and also giving the file a .c extension

Are you giving it a ".c" extension?

Are you trying to save the "template files" in the template panel? Try saving the individual source files in the editor panel instead.

(Edited 1 time)

Thanks!

Changing it from "unnamed" should work - but you'll need to compile the code first (use the "compile" menu in the editor).

I think it runs on 10.9? I don't know anything about OSX, sorry.

I don't think it's that hard!

Try replacing the weak starting base with the tri_base (use the editor to copy and paste the source code, or just load tri_base.c into template 0). The enemies in the blue missions have a lot of trouble beating it...

Do you mean the first yellow mission?

If so, have you unlocked the interface object from the blue missions? Try using a commander or destroyer but replace a couple of the move objects with interface objects (remember to autocode afterwards!). The interface makes your processes last much longer.

And someone (koro-xx) has built a Mac version of v1.0! I've put it in the downloads section.

Thanks! I'll keep these ideas in mind. But you can leave a game without exiting the program by clicking on "quit" in the System menu (the [Sy] tab). The latest version updates the tutorial to mention this.

Thanks. That's good to hear!

A mac version is definitely possible, but I don't have a Mac to build it on. On github I'm working through some issues that some other people have had trying to build the game for Mac, though, and when those are sorted out I might ask if they can send me a binary to put up.