Recent community posts
Here's what I have planned for the next few versions of Gravity Garden. Development will be somewhat slow as I do have other responsibilities and can't devote 100% of my time to game development.
Planned for July:
- Harvesting of fruits
- Eat fruits
- Improved inventory
Planned for August/September:
- Save and load system
- More plants
Planned for October/November
- Objects and islands floating though sky
- Purchase and place machines and decorations
- machines to help with watering, fertilizing, harvesting energy
Check the MindMap for more details about what I have planned. Planning on Steam Early Access release in July or August.
Excellent - thanks for giving it a try. I like the 'playdough meets Tron' description.
Glad that you recovered from your rocket mishap. :) They'll be a better tutorial someday - kind of just dropping people into the game and letting them poke around for now.
Achievements will be a big part of the final game. This will allow me to create a game where players are free to just goof around or challenge themselves by working toward specific goals.
A few that I have in mind
- Grow X number of a certain plant
- Grow a perfectly healthy plant
- Find X number of Alien Artifacts
- Collect X amount of Energy
What sort of achievements would you like to see?
I know about these bugs:
- Player sometimes gets stuck after teleporting rapidly, especially when using both hands to teleport. Can usually be fixed by teleporting again and then pausing for a second before the next action.
- GeoMelons sometimes mutate and start growing vines that aren't connected to an plant. These def need a rewrite - they are janky. :)
- Had to turn of Single Pass Rendering feature in Unity - it's causing the game to crash when built. Hoping to get this worked out asap. It'll provide a big performance boost.
Alpha 2 - June 20th
- Updated game engine to Unity v 5.6
- GPU instancing now functioning properly along with Single Pass Stereo Rendering. Big performance boost!
- New plant - Energy Bubblers
- New skyboxes
- New control to apply modified colors and image effects
- Delete plant tool
- New cloud system
- Beginnings of Inventory system
- Harvest water from clouds, energy from stars, fertilizer from planetoids
Alpha 1 - May 14th, 2017
- Basic player movement - classic first person controls or teleport
- Bare-bones menu to choose plants and tools
- Tools for watering and fertilizing soil
- 7 different plants that grow, die, produice fruits, and respawn
- Gravity jets that allows players to fly and navigate in 3D space
- Scanning tool for testing soil conditions and identifying plants