Alpha 7 - January 15th, 2018
- Full-body avatar test. Using a fantastic unity plugin called FinalIK to add a full body, animated avatar for the player to control. All of the animation is generated on the fly from the position of the player's head and hands. Very tricksy.
- New Pest - called RockNom for now, but hoping to come up with something better. ;) Eventually will spread as part of a 'thunderstorm' type event, but for now a sparkly comet might deliver some to your island. They'll eat all the nutrients in your soil and they multiply quickly. You can eliminate them with one of your garden tools.
- Tweaks to player controls and grab system.
- Alignment of scanner, delete, grab, and other lines was changed to match the new avatar hands. Eventually there will be options to adjust these angles.
- When Gravity is On your avatar is a humanoid figure that walks and mirrors your movements. With Gravity Off you are a disembodied cloud of fire and stone floating through space. :) New avatar set-up will allow for some fun character customization options.
- You can now see the active Tool or Seed in the palm of your hands.
Alpha 6 - November 8th
- Updated game engine to Unity v 2017.2
- Nifty new shaders that supply a slightly cartoonish look.
- Grab all fruits with both hands - current fruits active on GeoMelon, CosmiCorn, Bambooya, and DingleBerry
- Tele-grab. Grab things from a distance. Your hand turns green when it's ready to grab. Uses the Grip button to grab Soon an option for trigger, too.
- Tele-harvest. Harvesting 'portals' attached to your hands. Turn your ripe fruit into more Seeds, Energy, or Compost. Finally have an actual Game Loop. :) Plant, Care, Harvest.
- More tweaks to the locomotion system. Trying to make both modes feel consistent even though the Gravity On version needs to be different to make it work on uneven terrain.
- Teleport now works when gravity is off. Just point into space to TP. Set distance for now - later the player will be able to adjust the distance.
Alpha 5 - October 6th
- New player controller. Now it's all under one coherent system, all physics based.
- Teleporting is no longer a tool based action.
- Player can change locomotion modes: teleport or thrusters
- smooth turn or snap-turn
- snap-turn by specified angle or choose any angle with stick/pad
- turn strafing on/off
- Improved teleport controls and marker
- fixed velocity of thrown objects
- fixed: some held fruits pushing player around
Alpha 4 - September 6th
- Player can now harvest fruits from plants. Right-hand only for now. Grip button when your hand is near a ripe fruit.
- Fruits now give an indication when they are ripe. More colorful and brighter is ripe.
- Improved Clouds. Now physics-enabled and more efficient.
- 14 new islands to find and explore. Empty (for now)
- 4 new farm-able islands.
- Velocity is transferred when player turns gravity belt off.
- Water and fertilizer particles now inherit velocity from player
- Improved skyboxes
Alpha 3 - July 31st
- Updated to SteamVR plugin 1.2.2
- New Hands. Wanted to see what the game feels like with hands instead of controllers. Feels good. Just a few generic poses for now, but I will add more specific poses as time goes on.
- New configuration for fly/walk. Toggle between flying and walking by pressing the right stick/trackpad. Much easier now to switch between modes. No more 'pull-string' rocket tool, but I may bring that back in the future.
- Lots of new floating islands - I made a baker's dozen of new islands to populate the sky. All empty for now but eventually they will have things to discover and experience.
- Dynamic lights - similar to a day/night cycle without the annoying night time. :) Still needs work but I like this first pass. Adds some nice variation to the visuals without bringing affecting performance significantly.
- Player now rotates around their head, instead of the center of their playspace. More comfortable.
Alpha 2 - June 20th
- Updated game engine to Unity v 5.6
- GPU instancing now functioning properly along with Single Pass Stereo Rendering. Big performance boost!
- New plant - Energy Bubblers
- New skyboxes
- New control to apply modified colors and image effects
- Delete plant tool
- New cloud system
- Beginnings of Inventory system
- Harvest water from clouds, energy from stars, fertilizer from planetoids
Alpha 1 - May 14th, 2017
- Basic player movement - classic first person controls or teleport
- Bare-bones menu to choose plants and tools
- Tools for watering and fertilizing soil
- 7 different plants that grow, die, produice fruits, and respawn
- Gravity jets that allows players to fly and navigate in 3D space
- Scanning tool for testing soil conditions and identifying plants