A plain one looks easy, but with prominent textures like this, well, let's see if we can make one that looks nice :)
Recent community posts
Our drawing speed are pretty slow so I should say that there are not really a lot of differences between the nightly builds and the demo version (we always tried to push finalized changes to the stable/demo builds as frequent as possible).
That is, unless we're doing a big redraw to our currently available components, in which case you can always see our devlog to get more information about it (it's located in the bottom area of the itch.io store page).
Thank you very much for your interest!
Hello, thanks for your interest and info! The drawings for female pants is not completed yet, the bug is actually how it is shown in the library in the first place :) We'll look into it, and make sure it is fixed before the next stable/demo update.
Hopefully we can show some progress in the PSD exports soon!
We're currently experimenting with layered PSD export, which I believe can be imported to Live2D. Nothing concrete yet, but we'll make sure to let everybody know if it's going well.
Thanks for your support and suggestion!
Hi there! If you're using the itch.io app, just let it auto-update and this should be fixed by now. We're really sorry for your inconvenience, and just let us know if another problem happens!
Hello! If you don't mind, can you provide more information regarding this but? We've tested various clothing company and found no problems. Is this a one-off situation or a repeated behavior?
If it's not a problem to you, it'll be very helpful to know more regarding this problem:
- Are you installing through itch.io and running from the itch.io app?
- Is there any clues onscreen when the app failed to launch?
- Do you solve this problem by manually downloading via ZIP file through itch.io website, or by other means?
Thank you very much!
Hello! We've just pushed a new update which addresses the bug regarding eyebrows. We also adjusted how the app behave when files are closed. Now when you use the close button on the main window, the app will try to close all currently open files and then shut itself down. But when you use the close button on the tab, closing all files will make the app return to start screen.
We've just tested installing the app on 2 different Windows systems, and found that all of them are working properly through itch.io, so we might need to collect more information before we're able to fix the other bug that you've reported.
As always, thank you for your support and feedback!
Hey there! Thanks for the reports and suggestions! Your explanation is pretty clear for us. Let's see if we can accomodate your suggestions in the coming weeks. As for the bug, we'll investigate it immediately.
Again, thank you very much!
We're actively thinking about how to implement those features :)
One thing that make it quite difficult is Mannequin's core concept of using 2D instead of 3D; but in the other hand, all graphical assets used are vector-based images which are able to be scaled to theoretically unlimited resolution.
Can't say anything concrete for now, but we'll let you know as soon as something viable is planned.
Hello, glad to see you liked it!
- We'll be working on new clothes as soon as the template limitation function for clothing is done. Currently you can see in the library that every clothing available for every template is displayed all at once without consideration whether those particular template are compatible with the current selected body type template or not. With the limitation function added, these problems will go away. Shouldn't be too long to implement!
- Yes, we're planning to do different body types. Our planning for the base content are at least 3 body type variations for each gender with school uniforms and several modern clothing templates. Other kind of clothing templates will be distributed separately using the (yet to be implemented) custom contents functionality.
As always, thanks for your support!
Hello! We just tested this scenario several times with up to 5 clothing presets, 5 hair presets and 5 face presets in a single character file, and we didn't encounter any problems except faulty batch export which should be fixed by the next nightly build updates.
Maybe we can examine your character file (the .mqn one) to better determine what is the cause. If you're willing to spare your time for this, you can send the file via e-mail to: hello[at]ar14.works
Really sorry for your inconvenience, and thank you very much for your feedback!
The nightly builds contains some work in progress stuff, so yeah, there is more contents. But the amount shouldn't differ too much because we try to keep the stable release updated often.
Thanks for your interest!
Currently there's no concrete plan for that, but I'm also personally interested in the potential workflow of this combined with Live2D/Spine. Still has to do more research before I'm able to give a more concrete answer.
Hi, sorry for the long update time!
A this point, we've decided to hold off saying anything about release date until next month when our day jobs should have been less hectic than now. Previously we've stated this date and that date, but we keep missing on those promises again and again, so we thought that we should take a little bit of time to straighten ourselves first.
Currently we're still finishing the catch-up of the new female template components so the clothing options will be the same with the stable release, and while it has definitely taken a long time, it is progressing quite good.
Yeah, the target has been missed by quite a big margin. A bug in the layer processing has been hindering the progress we've made, and it was resolved just last night.
For now, we're still short on several clothing items to catch up on the old stable release: Sailor uniforms, some skirt variations and pants. Normally I would say it's going to be finished within two or three days but our forecast has been missed rather often lately, so let's just say hopefully as fast as possible.
Honestly we wouldn't want to miss next week to release this, though.
Really sorry for the inconvenience.
The content in nightly version will catch up to the stable version shortly. We are in the process of redrawing everything so that's why the amount of content is less. Should be live this weekend/early next week.
Both version will be updated automatically.
Thanks for your support!
The functionality is already planned since the beginning of development but currently it's not implemented yet. You can do it to a certain degree by now, though. Our friend here has already tried to 'hack' the default library to include several custom items.
Please be aware that until we've properly added this functionality you're doing this by your own risk (we don't think there's any significant risk involved, though).
1. Hopefully in the end of next week. We're currently working on the final adjustment of body proportions (that's why the nightly updates is currently on hold for now, because otherwise it will be unusable due to misalignment and such) and the body parts plus poses are completed. Now we're adjusting the clothes parts to the new body parts and we're going to do this in one go, catching up to the stable channel immediately within one update.
2. Not for now, but in our mind at least, scars looks simple enough so we don't see any problem with adding that.
3. Same as above.
4. I don't think so; currently the plan forward is just color adjustments.
5. It's going quite well; we have made a rough naked base but we will refine it first until we are satisfied with it to prevent repeating the same mistake we did with female character template, which has been totally redrawn three times by now :(
6. Yes, you can use it for both personal and commercial projects. You don't even need to give credit to the app or us, but we'll be happy if you chose to do so!
Thanks for your interest and support!
It's definitely possible. Let's see if we can work something out starting next week. Our focus right now is finalizing the default proportions (lots of redrawing involved) but after that we should be able to work on new clothing items again.
The naming is correct, but starting in 0.2.0 we have introduced a new mandatory property 'layer' with the value type of string. The value can be either of these ones: "outer", "middle", "base" or "under".
This determines at which layer the clothing item will be rendered. "outer" should be displayed over "middle" and so on.
Hi! Glad to see that someone has finally deciphered this! We decided to open up the default library starting in 0.2.x so that people are able to build something based on it. The system for user-created content is not ready for the public yet, though, so just a few tips if you're doing this:
- Remember/backup the files that you've added as part of your custom component. In the future, files for user-created content will be separated from the default library for easier distribution.
- Mannequin uses specific color palette depending on the component (skin, eye, hair, clothing, etc) so that the app can distinguish between base, highlight and shadow colors. So if you're making these, mimic the exact color palette of the ones already available in the default library.