Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Formatting of the final submissions (print/digital)

A topic by dión // isle in the heavens created Jan 13, 2022 Views: 109 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

Hi everyone (especially Long Tail Games),
I was wondering if there were any exact specifications I might have overlooked as to how our submissions ought to be formatted to facilitate clean and easy production.

I’m specifically looking for:
colour space (which cmyk standard, coated: yes/no?), exact size (with or without bleed?), dpi, spread vs. single pages etc. (stuff you'd find on the printer's spec sheet)

(As far as the digital versions go, I’d guess the A5 versions we already submitted should suffice, although uniform resolutions might help the whole PDF’s look.)

Also, would you like us to add in page numbers (assuming the order is finalised before printing and there will be a table of contents)?

Host(+2)

Very good questions! 

The specific bleed / colour requirements will depend on the exact printer (which isn't yet confirmed). However, they will be passed onto contributors if they would like to make changes prior to production. 

Page numbers actually won't be added (is my current thought)! This is partly why the games are presented in alphabetical order. 

Submitted
  • That's a cool idea to avoid page numbers, so games layouts won't be altered/messed up (and it's a small book with an indie mindset, we can allow ourselves that)
  • but I guess it's impossible to perfectly fit with alphabetic order: e.g. some games needs to be double page spreads wile other should be double-sided.