Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Editing

A topic by kobold_games created Jan 01, 2022 Views: 210 Replies: 10
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hey, so a couple of people noted a typo in my submission. Is there any way I can edit it, or upload an edited version?

Submitted

You should be able to edit your file locally and then reupload it. You can go to "edit game" from the dashboard and change the file there. I have had to do this a number of times. 😅

Submitted

Apparently I can't do any uploading while voting is in progress.

Submitted(+1)

Oh! I see that myself now. Well, you can edit right after the voting is done. My understanding is we should have enough time for that once the games that are going to be included have been announced.

Submitted

I found at least one typo in mine as well. Fortunately it sounds like we'd have a about month to fix it: "However, once the games are selected, there are two windows in which the files can be updated: January (before the prototype is printed) and March (before the final product is printed). This is entirely up to the contributor if they would like to make final modifications."

Submitted

Thanks

Submitted(+1)

For anyone who hasn’t stumbled across this already, once editing is allowed, I’d suggest not removing the old file from Itch. Name the new one the exact same thing as the old one (at least for PDFs). Itch will automatically update/replace the old file while preserving info about how many downloads the file’s gotten.

it also only has to reupload the changed part, which is nice when uploading larger PDFs.

Submitted

I didn't even think of this. I knew that it auto-replaces when it's the same file name, but I didn't think of how it would affect the number of downloads it's gotten. Thank you!

Submitted

Yeah! Only when looking at the file-by-file download breakdown, which I like to leave untouched when I have character sheets and stuff like that as separate files from the game.

Host(+2)

Just to clarify / confirm, there are two windows for selected games to be updated: January (before the prototype is printed) and March (before the final product is printed). This is entirely up to the contributor if they would like to make final modifications.

Submitted

Thanks for the clarification