Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

RPG Maker MZ You Got It, Now Use It <-> BerryB's Personal Thoughts Locked

A topic by Berry B created Sep 16, 2020 Views: 348 Replies: 10
This topic was locked by StudioBlue Oct 01, 2020

Judging and voting ended. All comments should be moved to the "Final Scores and Community Award Results" topic...!

THANK YOU SO MUCH BERRY! <3

Viewing posts 1 to 9
(+4)

These are my full thoughts on all 17 entries that made it before or within the deadline. Any games made after I will not give personal thoughts here. You are free to disagree/agree with me however you like.

I am not a prolific writer, not an expert in mapping, not the greatest game developer nor artist. I'm just a guy playing all these games and give my thoughts on the subject. If you are offended in my writing structure, I sincerely apologize. 

One game I did not exactly describe my thoughts in full. Its a little much for me personally. Which is why I redacted the full details. If you want to experience it, play it yourself. Not going to name it directly here. You'll see it if you read the document below.

Keep in mind that the criticisms and thoughts may not be accurate since some games I played were submitted before the deadline, and I played them earlier. So any issues that have been rectified may change the key point of the criticisms that I pointed out. But otherwise, the scoring doesn't change that much.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y_-xrIxTznQVutxq39KHUnVX_fjfMNDidBDznFKRz2U/...

Submitted (1 edit)

@BerryItch

Thank you for both playing The Dreamchaser and writing such a detailed review, I really appreciate your time and effort.

The few text errors you've pointed out have been documented and will be fixed in an update for the game I plan to publish after the jam is over.

In regards to your question about the Export system: each piece of loot has different chances of being sold in the 4 different markets you can export it to. As the game tells you, for example, Ashevonte is a city that's rapidly growing in need of construction materials, so the chances of ores and lumber being sold there is designed to be higher than any of the other three cities. The idea behind the system, as it was with most of the other systems,  was that while it's not mandatory per se, there's enough depth in there for players who are really interested in diving deep and playing optimally.

Thanks again for playing!

Submitted

Thanks for all the effort writing up your thoughts for all the games! It is a great learning experience reading through it all!

You are truly a developer I have the highest praise for. Thank you for making such an entertaining game.

Submitted

Thanks for the excellent feedback! Your thoughts were spot-on, and I loved the screenshots that accompanied the review.

Submitted (1 edit)

Hi BerryItch

Thank you for playing my game until the end. I really appreciate your efforts.

For the zoom feature, I just use the default script call command "$gameScreen.setZoom". 

Thanks for noticing some of the issues that need a fix. I will get rid of them after the Game jam is over.

Submitted

Hey Berry, I appreciate your feedback on my game, the Castle of Cardell.  Thanks for playing and thanks for taking time to give your thoughts.  I can learn from it for the future!

Submitted (1 edit)

Hey, wow! Thanks for playing my game (and the others) and giving really detailed feedback. I'm glad you liked it, and also completely understand how it frustrated you at the end. The Dog/Cat paths are probably impossible in the current iteration, unfortunately I ran short on time, and didn't get to implement the additional skills for them I originally planned.  Sorry! I do plan to update this after the jam. But tbh you've seen most of the content already.  In any case, thanks again!

Edit: oh, and I'll look into items not working (they should! so not sure what's going on there) thanks!

Submitted
Deleted post
(+1)

Thank you for the offer, but I have already seen the ending based on Studio Blue's walkthrough on it. So I don't particularly have any reason to go back and replay it. Regardless, I appreciate the effort done. Keep doing your best.

Submitted
Deleted post
Host locked this topic