Jobs
Tags

Questions? Post them here! Sticky

A topic by Queer Games Bundle created Mar 03, 2023 Views: 735 Replies: 27
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Host(+1)

Alternatively, feel free to email us at: queergamesbundle@gmail.com

Submitted

Is there an official Mastodon toot I can boost? I don’t really use Twitter anymore, nor do a lot of the folks I’d want this to reach.

Jam HostSubmitted

Not yet, it's 100% planned along with cohost but I wanted to get the bundle recruitment up first so people had as much time as possible to put stuff in.

The first days of the bundle are pretty chaotic but it's something I'd like to do. For now it's probably best to just make a mastodon toot and share it around.

(+1)

I would like to submit to the bundle, and I have 2 current games, but am working on another atm, which might not be finished in time for the Jam closing but will be finished before the bundle will go live. Can I update my submission when it is ready after the Jam closes?

Jam HostSubmitted

Yup, that's what the final confirmation stage will be after the jam closes. You can add it then!

For now though please make sure you put in a google form with what you 100% do have and add a note that you'll be adding another if you can finish in time.

many thanks!

(+2)

Hello! Hope everyone's doing fine! 
I was wondering if we also need to submit the game to the jam here or just through the google form. 
Thanks a lot! 

Jam HostSubmitted

Only the google form is required. :)

thanks! 

Jam HostSubmitted

No problem.

(I'm just going to leave this reply so I can see I was the last post in the thread so I know nobody has any extra questions.)

(+1)

Hi, I told an artsy queer friend of mine about the jam and she asked if she could submit an hour-long art film that she’s been planning on releasing in April, if I helped her attach a link / the file to an itch account? :)

Jam HostSubmitted(+1)

That sounds awesome and is absolutely a thing that should be done.

She should make sure that releasing her film in that way does not disqualify her from film festivals though.

I send an email with my doubts

Jam HostSubmitted

I replied! Please check your email.

Thank you for your time! :)

Submitted

Just wanted to say this is a great idea for a bundle and I'm so grateful for people like you out there <3

Are W.I.P VNs accepted? Like there are palceholder sprites, the story isn't finished, but it's ongoing.

Follow up to this question, are VNs/ Projects that have been funded by Patrons allowed to join this jam?

Jam HostSubmitted

Projects funded by any source are allowed as long as you have the legal right to distribute the content.

We just want to fund queer developers.

Jam HostSubmitted

Do you own the legal right to distribute these placeholder sprites?

Jam HostSubmitted

WIPs are accepted and we have many incomplete projects in previous bundles. 

We even have funded demos to help them to completion.

That being said, each person who takes money means that there is less money for everyone so we're kinda in the process of setting up additional moderation to account for this reality. I'm not sure every project submitted should be in the bundle and get funding.

Jam HostSubmitted

Sorry about all of the additional messages.

I would like to note that your project looks 100% fine and there are zero problems with it. I do not see any reason why it could not be in the queer games bundle.

Please make sure to fill out this form if you would like to join the queer games bundle:

https://forms.gle/M3wdVurjPWz7eyfN6

Ok great, yeah we make the placeholders ourselves and use copyright free music and bg with permission for commercial purposes.  Honestly, the extra income is just a nice extra, we actually hope to get our game out to more people to try. If they like it maybe they'll help support us to keep going.

Jam HostSubmitted

I don't forsee any problem with your game being in the bundle.

That being said, please remember to fill out the form if you haven't already.

https://forms.gle/M3wdVurjPWz7eyfN6

Wanted to check quickly: Are fangames permitted in the bundle if they feature a character from an existing series, but contain only original artwork/writing as well as CC assets which the creator has the right to distribute, and do not ask for payment?

(If this is still too big a risk for the bundle, I completely understand.)

Jam HostSubmitted

No, I am sorry.

It's still selling fan works and puts the bundle in legally murky territory.

You are welcome to submit most anything else.

Question about being marked as a jam participant on itch:

My late-submitted project was unfortunately rejected for the bundle, which I'm not at all attempting to appeal the decision of, I believe I understand why and accept that decision.

However, my question pertains more to my being marked as a participant of a game jam hosted here on itch. I've been successfully maintaining a 100% ratio of jams signed up for and jams submitted for; had it not been for the early closure of official itch project submissions to this jam -- I subsequently submitted my project via the late entry method -- I would have at least been able to maintain that ratio by submitting my project via itch even if it were later rejected for the bundle. So, my question, is it possible to either have the project I did submit via the late method still marked here on itch as a submission just for the game jam (without being included in the bundle), or alternatively, could I have myself removed as a participant from the game jam so I can retain my 100% participation/submission ratio -- that might seem silly, but it is important to me on a personal level to maintain that.

Thanks for you efforts! I greatly appreciated being a part of last year's bundle, and I will work harder on future projects so that I might present a more appropriate submission for next year's bundle, which might have better chances of being accepted as attention and interest in these bundles continues to grow.

Jam HostSubmitted

No.

The Queer Games Bundle is not a jam and should not be treated as one.

We post the jam as a courtesy to help people find the bundle.

The only thing that has ever mattered to us was the google form.

Please do not create additional work for us at a very difficult time.

We have to attend to the needs of hundreds of people and this is not a reasonable request.