Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Who you are and what are your plans for Primal Jam? Sticky

A topic by Diogo Nogueira - Old Skull Publishing created May 03, 2022 Views: 501 Replies: 33
Viewing posts 1 to 14
Host

Hello fellow cave people!

Welcome to the first of many (I hope) Primal Jam, a Game Jam in which we create for Primal Quest - Weird Stone & Sorcery Adventure Game!

The Jam page has some important info and a section with some resources people can use. Hopefully I will add more as I make or I find more (feel free to suggest something).

But let’s talk about us! You!

Who are you? What do you do? And what do you want to make for Primal Jam 2022?

Submitted(+1)

I am creating a short supplement with optional rules on limited vocabulary!

Host

Very cool! I had some ideas to tackle that eventually! Excited to see what you make with it!

Hey Diogo, it's Luigi/Igiul/Louis-Joseph. I'll was planning to do it later, but I'll try to release my 5 rooms dungeon under https://fetf.itch.io/ for the jam :)

Host

Wohoo! Awesome! Thanks so much for taking part in this! Anxious to see what you make with it!

(+1)

Hey Diogo! Cameron of Shanton Productions! Really looking forward to the jam. Working on a short adventure that will take place in the unmapped areas of tar ponds and mesas east of Mother's Vale! It'll act as a fun way to bring players into Mother's Vale, with unique monsters and some (hopefully) cinematic fight (and flight!) sequences!

Host

Yey! Sounds exciting! I can’t wait! Thank you for joining the jam!!! 

Submitted (1 edit)

What's up Diogo, Will Alencar here! 
Looking forward to the JAM, I'm hoping to have a supplement on equipment with some basic rules for Crafting and some public domain art packs as well 

Host(+1)

Hey! Great to have you here!

Excited to see what you make and put available! Next week I will release a new pack too!

Submitted(+1)

Wanted to make a small primal settlement generator, but It appears I'm finished and theres still a week towards the jam. Maybe I'll make something else since I got the time..

Host

Nice! That was quick! Yeah. If I can I will produce a few things.

https://felippefreitas.itch.io/dark-lord-quest

I submitted my Dark Lord Quest game as a proposal for a new Epic Fantasy game where ordinary people protect their homes and loved ones from the Dark Lord's forces
Host

That's fantastic. I am reading it and seeing a lot of potential! Very cool!

Thanks for the support brother! Your work is great, we are here to add!
(+2)

I'm considering some setting-building by proposing example religions for characters to subscribe to and GMs to incorporate in their settings. Prehistoric spirituality and religion is a big interest of mine (I actually wrote the Wikipedia article on the subject), and it'd be fun to incorporate that into an RPG setting.

Host

OMG! That would be fantastic! What an honor! Thanks a lot for being interest in creating for this game!

Hi! Ahimsa from Knight Owl Publishing here. I'm not sure how far I'll get, but the idea is to adapt my novel Beneath the Mantle to the Primal Quest ruleset.

Host

Nice, kinda of a Lost World kind of setting?

Exactly! It's a lost world but with gods and magic and stuff so I think it fits really well.

I’m thinking of converting my dungeon for use with the Primal Quest ruleset! Is that something you’d be interested in seeing? And if so, do you have any specific tips as to what to look out for when doing the conversions, or anything to say regarding PQ’s specific idiosyncrasies?

Host(+1)

that would be great! Have you seen the introductory adventure? That’s a good reference I would say. Make it easy to run, with various paths and interesting ways to use the Tags and ways to affect characters with the environment, items, and creatures! Your stuff is awesome so I am excited!

(+1)

Thank you!! That really means a lot! Regarding doing my research, I've only read the intro adventure in the rulebook. I've honestly yet to properly dig into The Cave of Our Ancestors, though I love the concept!

Host

Please let me know if you do. I REALLY want to make a page called CAVE WALL with the pictures of many people's group drawings at the end of adventures! 

Submitted

I'm torn between extended equipment supplement, or a monster book. Maybe both...

Host

I have plans for articles that are kind of a mix. Monsters with a section of "items you can take out of this monster - like making a shield with a mammoths skull). Could be a fun idea to run with.

Submitted

Hey Diogo! Matthew here from ManaRampMatt. I am going to create a random religion generator with over 20 tables to create paleo-faiths. I’m excited!

Host

Hey! That was quick! I loved that! Primal Belief is amazing! Makes me wonder if we can get that printed somehow!

Submitted

that would be sweet!!! It would probably be pretty cheap to do as it is only 2 a4 sheets… I’ll reach out to Exalted Funeral 

Submitted

also, thanks for all the encouragement!!

(1 edit)

Hi Diogo and community members! Hamad from @art.of.geed here. I'm tinkering on a set of pre-fleshed out terrain hexes with situations/problems/minor areas of interest that can be randomly rolled by GMs for traveling PCs and inserted anywhere on the setting map with a matching terrain type. Basically, they're fleshed out zones/situations/challenges that can be randomly placed on the map. Fingers crossed I can pull it off, lol ;) 

Host

this sounds incredibly useful and I hope you do! Let us know if we can help with anything!

Submitted

Hi! I am creating a streamlined supplement of solo rules for Primal Quest Essentials!

Host

Very cool! I want to try using it using some Story Cubes to make up stuff as I go!

Submitted

Thank you very much Diogo. I am still developing it, today I published a minor update and a progress track Worksheet. The story cubes are so cool to solo rpg!